forum

Download Situation

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
For the time being, the beatmap hosting situation seems to be resolved. I have had to do a bit of shuffling due to circumstances out of my mortal control, but with a bit of luck things will remain calm from now on. This doesn't mean the download setup won't change, but I have enough bandwidth to keep things going. If anyone can still offer their help with hosting, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Note that there are still some restrictions in place, though you should not feel these under normal usage conditions. Also, downloads may not show the filesize of the map as you are downloading. I hope to resolve this in the near future, if possible.
abalee
working on upload beatmap & packs in China mainland. hope it could reduce the pressure to osu! server :)
FurukawaPan
@ abalee

Please make sure you do not post any beatmap links outside of the beatmap forums because persons without an account in the server are not allowed to access the beatmaps. Contact a mod if you are unsure about where to post.

Thank you for trying to help with bandwidth problems. :D
abalee
for now just one post in osu! forum. i will edit the post to notice other osuers that my thread can't be posted in other webites.
thanks for the suggestion.
FurukawaPan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
peppy
I don't see this being a huge issue. The main reason for not linking publicly was when the links were to files on our servers and I wanted to reduce the bandwidth. Mediafire etc. is fine, though.
FurukawaPan
okay, no worries. I never realized it was only a bandwidth issue.

Carry on then.. :oops:
qlum
I hate the new limit i cant even download all maps that are ranked the last 24 hour's at the same time or at least within 15 minutes
Topic Starter
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ekaru
Gemi
Ekaru
He was talking about newly ranked ones. Newly ranked ones aren't in a pack. :P Otherwise you should be downloading packs if some maps you need to play are in a pack.
qlum
download then play helps but it cost's more time to play all new maps and i just like downloading all new maps at ones with my download manager not finding out that only one file had downloaded ( I have about 95% of the maps in beatmap packs )
Echo
awp
BANDWIDTH COSTS MONEY

lol
Daru
What is the exact limit, by the way?
I ended up getting a "You downloaded too much, go get packs" message earlier today, then waited an hour or two and still got the message.

I can download now, but I was previously under the impression that it's 5 minutes between songs.
I'd just like to know the exact limit, as to be more careful while chigau is still in this state.

Nevermind.
Ignore this noob's post, he's an idiot who talks in third person just realized why he can't download maps in packs.
Acolmixtli
This limit download really bummed me out today, but then again i can see that osu might be reaching its limit. Ill sure be making donation soon to help the cause. I really love this game and the design of it. wow i was just impressed.

Edit: i did notice 2 new map pack achievement. If that could be extended a little more, people would probably download packs from a different source and reduce bandwidth. im not very active on the forums so i dont know how far it has gone...
Gemi

Acolmixtli wrote:

Edit: i did notice 2 new map pack achievement. If that could be extended a little more, people would probably download packs from a different source and reduce bandwidth. im not very active on the forums so i dont know how far it has gone...
You can download all ranked maps in packs from mediafire, see the links at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1853 (peppyedit: or use the beatmap packs page from the site menu.)

The links for the theme packs are at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4241 (peppyedit: or use the beatmap packs page from the site menu.)

Note that most maps in the theme packs are ranked maps and therefor you should have them if you have the ranked beatmap packs, but a few maps here and there are actually approved maps and there are not beatmack packs to download approved maps, so you have to get those individually from the osu site.
Topic Starter
peppy

Acolmixtli wrote:

This limit download really bummed me out today, but then again i can see that osu might be reaching its limit. Ill sure be making donation soon to help the cause. I really love this game and the design of it. wow i was just impressed.

When you hit the limit, the message tells you if the map is available in a pack. The limit is higher for maps which are not available in packs. Seriously, if you download a map then play it, there is NO WAY you can hit the cap - it is just too high for that.

Change your style a bit (or donate i guess) and you won't have any problems.
Acolmixtli
show more