?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
qwt
Well I need help

I quit playing osu! a while ago and moved onto mapping

I've been mapping for around 11 Months

starting July of this year I had an issue where I simply couldn't map anything and it been going on like this for a while

It's been 6 months since I finished a full mapset

It annoys me so much there's so much I want to map but for some reason, it's too hard for me and I give up

I want to rank or even just push something for rank but I can't even more annoying all my maps are outdated so no one takes me seriously with what I make

how can everyone else map perfectly fine and even rank stuff but I can't even pass step 1 of making the map

please I seriously don't know what to do
Uniform
in this situation i would probably try to speedmap or just keep mapping through the fatigue.

also you could
1. find a song you enjoy
2. map it
3. take breaks if you're very fatigued
4. look at your favorite maps for inspiration
5. ask your friends for mapping ideas if you're stuck
6. don't start mapping a new song until you finish the spread
Topic Starter
qwt

Uniform wrote:

in this situation i would probably try to speedmap or just keep mapping through the fatigue.

also you could
1. find a song you enjoy
2. map it
3. take breaks if you're very fatigued
4. look at your favorite maps for inspiration
5. ask your friends for mapping ideas if you're stuck
6. don't start mapping a new song until you finish the spread
tks hope it helps
Narrative
If the problem is that you can't get ranked, I think you should just map for fun and not for ranked until you have enough experience. I think you should have enough experience when you can look at your map and say for certain if it has decent chance for ranking or you can look at other maps and determine if it isn't for ranking. If you want to know when you have the "right amount of experience" I can't really explain it, as it's something you have to earn, but you'll definitely realize when you do

However, if you are just bored then you should try to "unleash" yourself and map whatever you want. Use the most outlandish patterns, rhythms, and sliders, and that usually works for me. If you feel like you are restricted when mapping you should try to remove that restriction as much as possible and I usually get my interest back
Topic Starter
qwt
Well thanks for all the advice guys it actually works I was able to finish a diff in 3 hours

lol