forum

More Colours in Names! :o

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +489
show more
Kemdo
Hmm Seems like a quite interesting idea ^^
KoveGames
Bump
Srbija
I agree, very good idea..
FrzR
Supporting this. :3
Tear
Please don't forget about colors for CAT too ;-;
meow
Rose Ruby
Yeah why not making the game more colourful.

I don't know if this would go over the top.. but wouldn't it be an idea to make them custom for everyone to change?
(Perhabs i want the Admin to have an orange colour instead of red)
sheela

Aciro wrote:

Yeah why not making the game more colourful.

I don't know if this would go over the top.. but wouldn't it be an idea to make them custom for everyone to change?
(Perhabs i want the Admin to have an orange colour instead of red)
I thought that we can put our own color name because, I won't know who and who.
I like the idea. Want to support, but no stars.
Nokeru
Maybe it would be a nice idea, though.

I think colours for CAT and Chat Ops should be able to.
Friends are nice so as they are, they don't need any change for colour.
Perhaps host in a #spectator or #multiplayer room should be have a different colour, but I don't see it really important.

Anyway, I'm supporting this :3
WujekGrzyb
I like idea to focus multi's host messages. Big support
deadbeat
i'm against the CAT getting their own colour. there isn't enough of a reason for it
REDYUMiKA
Supporting :oops:
_Arzo_
chat becomes rainbow !
Nathanael
Chat operators should have their own color imo.
Piine
I really think that they should separate colors between Administrators, BATs, and Devs. Just saying
[Nemesis]
I want it! :3
DENKOUSEKKA
Like Multiplayer room host, or someone on your friend list, or the player that's playing in a spectator room?
I honestly think they deserve their own colours too...
Perhaps we can have..
Navy blue for spectator room host
Purple for friends
Magenta for multiplayer host
Supporting 100%
Pannari

Nathanael wrote:

Chat operators should have their own color imo.
I think chatoperators are fine as is. A hidden moderator is a good moderator.
sharinganeye_old
In Addition to Kitokofox thoughts, here's some other important ideas that is better to be implemented :D ( this was another feature request post, but considered as a (duplicate) since it has the same direction of this request ...

adding different colours between (/np), (/me), and your own chat ... :arrow: sharing the same colour White for all this 3 options, its really confusing and when its consecutive in a chat #channel like this :

it becomes hard to estimate where is ur last reply or a (/np), (/me) ... :o what make it a bit harder to determine where and which one is it ?

so seperating colours its a better idea to make chat more smooth and efficient ( for ex ) : your own chat keep in White , (/np) in Blue , :arrow: the whole np should be in blue

(/me) it depends if its ur own (/me) or the other (/me) : ur own keep it in White , but others changing it to Yellow or rather as their username colour (yellow) , (deep yellow) , (red) ...
KJF
(bump) I support! except for friends I support!~
WiljamiStudio
Sound cool. I like it. :)
Princess Jish
Yes please! Sounds nice, I love colourful things!
Seijiro
I would really like it too.
Few ideas:
- why not letting this thing customizable for everyone, as already mentioned by someone (or maybe make it supporter only, idk)
- Chat ops, devs, peppy should have a fixed color, not available for any other "role" in chat
- to define a color we could add a custom list (similar to the ignore list) where we put the color and the names of the users we want (maybe the staff should preselect the available colors so we avoid people using wrong colors, eg. the same as chat ops or such)

Ps: this would help in case you are checking multiple channels at once (you can quickly identify some users you want with your lists) or make your read easier when a lot of supporters/non-supporters are typing (this should be resolved once osu!next comes out tho, seeing the teaser regarding the new chat overlay)
I could even mark BNs with this *^*
Biri_old_1
Supporting, bomb idea! :D
Pachiru
I don't understand what it would add o.o