forum

Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
HOLY SHIT, THIS GAME IS SO DAPPER IT SHITS TEA PARTIES.

Megaman X meets puzzle game, meets Wario Land, meets britan, meets great difficulty and fucking epic British music.

MARIO INVINCIBLE THEME AINT GOT SHIT ON THESE RIFFS

YOU THINK YOU'RE SO TOUGH? TRY YOUR HAND AT GENTLEMAN MODE
Loginer
I'm currently on world 2. Great game so far, although the constant puzzling gets a bit repetitive after a while.
awp
Delightfully splendid!
Pokebis
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
I found the game was getting quite good by 1-3. If it gets better, that's splendid.

EDIT: Also, I love the death sound clip.

Poppycock!
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25

Rolled wrote:

Alright fine, curious enough to give it a try.
GOOD SHOW!

*shot*

actually i might give this a try sometime as well
Neo@lex
SPOILER:We British actually do turn into fighting robots when we have a jolly splended cuppa. The size of the robot depends on the ratio of milk to sugar.
Loginer
Pah! A true gentleman enjoys his tea free of tasteless additions like cow milk.
awp
I just fought the second Weasleby boss and had a tough time of it because I forgot you can wall-jump to avoid the beam cannon. I tanked it every time he fired it and shit that was tough to do.
Pokebis
awp
Wow that old man in the wheelchair with dementia gave me much more trouble than I thought he would; I died like 8 times.
Cyclone
So, would i pretty much love this game then? (besides the fact dumpster is playing it right now, and it sounds fun)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHs6mjn8 ... annel_page
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Apparently the division of EA that makes all their sports games made this

what the fuck happened
Pokebis

Cyclone wrote:

So, would i pretty much love this game then? (besides the fact dumpster is playing it right now, and it sounds fun)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHs6mjn8 ... annel_page
Yeah, the puzzle part basically is tetris attack, but there's no way to speed up the blocks... And if you're good at it (which it looks like you are) you basically never have any blocks hit the top screen. I didn't have it happen untill one time late in the game I forgot about the bottom screen. :P
Unfortunately, other than the mechanics, it's not really as fun as TA because it's JUST for power in the top screen. No points or anything. If you're bar is full, you have no power ups, and you're at you're second health stage there's basically no point in playing it sometimes.
The puzzle part is fun at first, but gets tedious, the real game is the platformer, if that looks interesting you'll like it. If it doesn't you won't.
awp
They still manage to mix it up a bit as you progress through the game. I didn't find it that tedious personally since you only have to hop in there for like 8 seconds at a time tops in most cases.
CheeseWarlock
This is at the top of my "things I need to play" list.
31Gabe
I like the game especially the mechanics, but the music and the gameplay needs improvement:
1. No GAME OVER when one of the blocks touch the top of the touch screen; puzzle continues, making the Mega Man styled gameplay screen (Top Screen) have more enemies (blocks from the puzzle) destroy my character, making it chaotic
2. Music does not seem techno or trance (Like Tengu Man's Sega Saturn theme, I prefer it!)
3. No "HO HA HO!" when Hatsworth slashes
4. Too cheap for a 4 hit slash, 3 hit slashes are better; a classic!
5. 8 columns in puzzle area, 6 columns are enough for a puzzle game!
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday

31Gabe wrote:

I like the game especially the mechanics, but the music and the gameplay needs improvement:
1. No GAME OVER when one of the blocks touch the top of the touch screen; puzzle continues, making the Mega Man styled gameplay screen (Top Screen) have more enemies (blocks from the puzzle) destroy my character, making it chaotic
2. Music does not seem techno or trance (Like Tengu Man's Sega Saturn theme, I prefer it!)
3. No "HO HA HO!" when Hatsworth slashes
4. Too cheap for a 4 hit slash, 3 hit slashes are better; a classic!
5. 8 columns in puzzle area, 6 columns are enough for a puzzle game!

all I hear is THIS GAME ISN'T LIKE X GAME, and I EXPECTED X THING TO HAPPEN AND IT DIDNT.
Cyclone
Are you taking gabe seriously?
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
awp
LuigiHann

31Gabe wrote:

That would actually be a cool element
awp
That's what happens.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
You didnt think Gabe actually played a game did you?
LuigiHann
Oh, I see. His writing style is cryptic, I can't tell the difference between the "problems" and the "suggestions"
awp

LuigiHann wrote:

Oh, I see. His writing style is cryptic, I can't tell the difference between the "problems" and the "suggestions"
Yeah, I believe he thinks it should be a game over as oppose to respawning enemies.
Nachy
I love this game, it's made of so much win and awesome.
awp
I started playing it again last night, and after a few failures completed 5-2
awp
Yay I won
Wizard Of Orz
the hidden levels are so chaotic
awp