forum

quicker beatmap reply [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
jemhuntr
this would be useful especially for unranked maps (in order for it to have more responses). i have unranked maps, and i usually have some things in mind to make the map better. although i always feel lazy pressing the quick access button + quick reply. what's worse is that it would open my browser, which would ruin my gameplay so much.

there should be a quick reply button somewhere right after you play a song, on the result screen. it could be somewhere here:

when you click it, an in-game text area appears, where you can reply to the beatmap thread. then a message like this...
SPOILER
This post was made using the in-game quick reply on February 9, 2013 03:26 AM.
~~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~~
Here goes the reply posted by the user~
...will be posted on the thread as a reply.
theowest
inb4: "THIS MAP WAS SHIT"

No seriously, this would just allow for more spam in the beatmap topics.
TheVileOne
I don't think replying to a beatmap's thread is important enough to be given this convenience. If you make a reply to a thread, it should entail some degree of effort. You told us you are too lazy to use quick reply, then what tells us you will not be too lazy to write a coherent comment?
Saten
You can give comments anonymously when watching the map. isn't that good enough?

If you want to reply in the thread. Do it via the beatmap thread
Doing it via the game only gives unwanted bumps, spam and etc.

Some would even type in a language you don't even understand.
deadbeat
just exit the results screen and use the all ready existing icon that does this
Topic Starter
jemhuntr

TheVileOne wrote:

I don't think replying to a beatmap's thread is important enough to be given this convenience. If you make a reply to a thread, it should entail some degree of effort. You told us you are too lazy to use quick reply, then what tells us you will not be too lazy to write a coherent comment?
you actually have a point xD