forum

Using storyboard to tell stories?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Agent Encore
In my time using osu I've only seen two maps out of the many millions attempt to use storyboards to tell stories; beatmapsets/10559#osu/64681 and beatmapsets/10559#osu/64681
Now these are brilliant, if a little rough around the edges. Not only am I getting a beatmap to play, but at the start of these lovelies I get a little comic where I learn about a person I'm going to help by playing this beatmap to cheer them through to victory in mundane or surreal scenarios and using the break segments to tell a little more of that story and thus gauge how well I'm doing.
Personally, I'd like to see a revival of this style mapping. Not necessarily reverting all the developments that have happened in the community over the past 13 years and going back to iNiS style; but giving players a sense of something being at stake which would make beating them all the more satisfying.
What do you guys think?
clayton
well no comments on this thread yet but I can tell you I've seen quite a few ppl expressing interest in this. I'd love to see it too.

unfortunately it is pretty high-effort and that's probably the start and end of reasons why it's very rarely attempted now
Topic Starter
Agent Encore
Well do you have any ideas you'd like to share?
McEndu
I think we can see a bunch of this when A Labor of Love enters voting stage.

Even hoping someone can rank a Kuba Oms remix with such storyboards before the deadline