forum

Animated Skins [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +65
Topic Starter
Ace of Trades
I would like to see all objects in the skin be animated. I want to make an animated cursor, slider follow circle and every thing! It would be cool. I am making a Sonic skin and I want the cursor to be a spinning ring. That's one example of something that could be animated that currently can't be.
DawnII
This is more a feature request and does not belong in the Skinning forum.

Moved.
Topic Starter
Ace of Trades
That's what I thought at first. But since it was skinning based feature, I put it here. Thanks for the jump.
Topic Starter
Ace of Trades
Maybe it's just me, but making animated skins makes sense. It wouldn't be too hard. All pictures could just have the 0 to X system. Maybe I'm not as much of a programmer as I think I am, but I think to wouldn't be a too hard addition. Imagine the skinning possibilities. It would make more than one way to skin a cat... or an Osu.*

*sorry for the joke, but I just had to do it!
LuigiHann
peppy has basically said that he can make any item animated, he can just flip a switch, all we have to do is ask. There's some logic in just flipping the switch for every skinnable object, but personally I'd rather have it remain on a per-case basis, because I shudder to think of what a skin would look like with animated everything.
peppy
The only reason not to enable everything from the outset is a performance optimisation.
cyanberryio
All I would like to see animated are the scorebar, maybe a random hit circle(like the comboburst)...or maybe not. :P

But everything would be ridiculous, it COULD be put to good use, but that'll be hard to do. Like animated numbers or hit circles(why i would like random, sort of)would be.

The only one I'd currently like to animated is the scorebar background.
Topic Starter
Ace of Trades

peppy wrote:

The only reason not to enable everything from the outset is a performance optimisation.
I guess I see where you're coming from...
Can there be animated cursors and slider follow circles?

Reason for cursor: More than just spin, they could do what ever the skinner wants it to do, tap or something. Speaking of that, cursors should have cursor and cursor click. Like if the cursor is a hand, the cursor click could be it tapping down (as for a brawl skin or something interesting.)

Reason for slider follow circle: The slider ball is animated, the follow circle could be animated. Like one could make a spinning follow circle

I know that the score bar color is animated, but I never bothered to check the score ki.

I do believe the menu buttons are animate able.

Other than that, I don't think there needs to be any other animated skin parts for now. Those above are the ones that could be added on.
peppy
followcircle already is. I'll consider cursor.
Topic Starter
Ace of Trades

peppy wrote:

followcircle already is. I'll consider cursor.
I feel stupid, I just noticed it. *Facepalm
Topic Starter
Ace of Trades
Extra little addition to my silly wish list of things I want to see animate-able is the score bar ki,ki danger, and ki danger 2. The same problem in performance could be seen in it since it does move and change between 3 different things. Although that could be tested.

Also, are gifs too big are something silly to be a non supported picture format? Or was it just left out? If gifs were used, I wouldn't be complaining because I can make THOSE animated. Although, it makes it a "less free" system because I can't think of a free gif animater.

That statement meaning that this is considered free because all the resources, as of now, are considered free products.
Metroid
some stuff are animated....
the default's healthbar/elite-o-meter is animated.....
Mackyuuu
Can hitcircles animated soon? :'(
MillhioreF
This bump...