forum

[Archived] Wacom Intuos lagging/stops working sometimes while playing!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
viscerotonix
I have an older Wacom Intuos pen and touch tablet, it's around 4-5 years old now, and it sometimes lags while playing the game. The game itself runs fine, but the tablet will lag and my cursor wont move or moves extremely slowly. I assume it has something to do with the fact it's old, but I don't know. Any possible solutions? I'm tired of dropping out because my tablet lags :(

osu! version: Stable 20201017.3 (latest)
Tykork
Are you using Wacom or Hawku drivers?
Topic Starter
viscerotonix

tykork wrote:

Are you using Wacom or Hawku drivers?
I got my drivers directly from the Wacom website, so I assume I'm using the Wacom drivers.
Tykork
Okay, have you disabled Windows Ink in the Wacom desktop center settings? It doesn't do anything for osu! and can cause a lot of different problems.

If you currently have touch(finger) functionality enabled, try and disable it with the small toggle switch on the top right of the tablet.

If neither of these work you could try reinstalling the Wacom drivers. If it has worked fine previously you could also try and revert the driver to an older version.

Instead of messing with Wacom drivers you could also try a custom tablet driver that is made more specifically for osu!. Link: https://github.com/hawku/TabletDriver
Let me know if you end up trying the Hawku drivers. You do not need to uninstall the Wacom drivers even if the installation instructions say so, especially if you only want to try them out.

Of course it's also possible that the tablet is simply getting old.

Edit: Forgot, try changing USB-ports first