forum

How to upload a beatmap if it's more than 20mb

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_hasthur
Just mapped the song, tried to upload it but I couldn't beacause it's 22mb or smth. I wouldn't ask such a question if I didn't checked some long and marathon maps(like the sun, the moon, the star of alternator compilation) and these maps were 30mb and 40mb. So how do I upload it? Or maybe there is some way to compress it.

p.s. sorry for bed engrish im not nativ spiker
WitherMite
does it have a video?
you might need to lower the quality of the video to get it under the size limit, which changes based on the drain time of your map. - help/wiki/Submission#limitations
lewski
since withermite didn't mention it:

Wiki wrote:

The file size limit is 5MB plus an additional 10MB for every minute of beatmap length, and it caps at 100MB.
TheKingHenry
In case you are still unable to upload it after completely mapping it (and thus receiving the maximum possible size limit for it), basically other means failing, you can try if it goes thru if you rename the difficulty into "Marathon" - assuming it's a single difficulty set. This at least used to work some magic some years back, not sure if it still does
Topic Starter
_hasthur

WitherMite wrote:

does it have a video?
you might need to lower the quality of the video to get it under the size limit, which changes based on the drain time of your map. - help/wiki/Submission#limitations
Can you please explain me what the drain time is or send me the link to the forum with explanation
WitherMite
drain time is how long the playable part of the map is, its the time that you'll see in the song list in the top left corner
Zelzatter Zero

WitherMite wrote:

drain time is how long the playable part of the map is, its the time that you'll see in the song list in the top left corner
Also for the playable part, is your song time is 3:30, and it has 30 seconds of break (assuming you only have 1 break, if you have more than 2 then the total break length is the sum of all the break lengths in your diff), then the duration for playable parts will be 3:00 (3:30 song duration minus 30 seconds of break).

tl;dr Drain time = Song length - Total break length
lewski
note that drain time is not what the filesize limit is based on, only the time when the map ends matters; you can put a circle at the end of the mp3 and get the maximum limit for that mp3