forum

Osu! rgb keyboard support using Aurora and OsuSync

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ezn_old_1
PSA: I do not have any affiliation with Aurora. just a cool software I want to share. the software is *open source* and avalible on github https://github.com/antonpup/Aurora with 1.4k stars (osu has about 5.6k stars)

intro

This integration currently can be triggered on the events:
  1. Accuracy (0-100 value)
  2. Combo (Number Value)
  3. Geki
  4. Katu
  5. Miss
  6. 300
  7. 100
  8. 50
  9. hp bar (0-200 value)
As aurora is a rgb software by trade, you can program it to do whatever you want based off these events. some examples:
  1. flash your keyboard red when you miss
  2. use the number keys to show a health bar
The software is really confusing but luckly it comes with a built in profile that works pretty well, and should be fine for normal use.

Installing

Aurora comes with a osu profile. the built in profile is only for RGB keyboards, however you can make a custom one for mice, headphones, ect.
Aurora supports:

1. Logitech
  2. Razer
  3. Corsair
  4. Steelseries
  5. DualShock
  6. Roccat
  7. LightFX
  8. Asus

If you have a keyboard from those brands, lets keep going!

1. Download Aurora-setup-v0.8.1.exe via https://github.com/antonpup/Aurora/releases/tag/v0.8.1
  2. Walk through the installation
  3. on the bottom left there should be a gear icon. click it.
  4. Once you click the gear, select "Devices & wrappers", change prefered keyboard layout to US (or whatever you want) and chose your keyboard under "prefered keyboard". if your keyboard is not on the list, select generic laptop or "genaric laptop" (numpad).
  5. on the left, click the osu! icon (may need to scroll to find it)
  6. follow the instructions pictured and on that page
  7. run OsuSync
  8. Enjoy the lights!

Gonna try and make some videos of it irl soon, but its really cool! check it out if your interested, if you need any help let me know.
Storemy
Oh no, i have hyperX keyboard...
Topic Starter
ezn_old_1

Storemy wrote:

Oh no, i have hyperX keyboard...
if its rgb its worth checking if Genaric laptop keyboard/genaric laptop keyboard (numpad) works.
I have had good luck with it working so far!
baciclly just changes the keyboard layout to be the most generic possible, and if the keyboard follows normal standards it should mostly work fine