forum

Nexon - Crimsonwood Keep, Slider/bug? help and general comme

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BlackKirby_old
Song info:
Nexon - Crimsonwood Keep Interior
This song is from the newly released area of Global Maple Story. I thought it was a very energetic and enjoyable piece, so I set off to make it my first project.

Being my first project, it's been a fun experience so far, but I've run into a few errors that are really hindering my progress. I wasn't planning on asking for comments and suggestions until I finished the first version, but I've noticed many strange problems/bugs. First off, I've noticed that at random times (not all the time), beats placed exactly at the end of the slider have incorrect numbering (and in an extreme case, incorrect combo color), so a combo would read 1 2 3 5(slider) 4 or something similar. This problem comes and goes, and doesn't affect gameplay too much, so it's bearable for now. The bigger problem is that once I've placed my sliders and save my game, I come back and find that they are often no longer in the shape I had placed them, throwing off my beatmap completely. :x It has been quite frustrating, so help over this matter would be appreciated.

I'm also looking for some general comments/suggestions for the part of the beatmap that is complete. The portion up to 1:50 in the song is "complete" as far as playability goes, but there is a section that is mapped but currently not in a playable state due to the problems I've listed. Thanks!

I've attached the .osz file of what I have so far.
Download: Nexon - Crimsonwood Keep Interior.osz
CheeseWarlock
Your problem is that you're trying to make notes stack on top of each other- that's not allowed.

Aside from that, you seem to have a decent handle on the concepts of mapping. It's best to upload your map to the Help forum through the editor (File -> Upload Beatmap) if you want people to be able to make mod it and make suggestions, even though it's not done. :)
Topic Starter
BlackKirby_old
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try sending it over to the board. =)