forum

Osu Mania alternates key colors, not very new user friendly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IIIPlasmaIII
As it currently stands, the default skin has colors alternating between white and pink for the same key on different key amounts. For example:

4k Looks like this, with pink for the index fingers:

6k Looks like this, with white for the index fingers:

Why alternate them? This makes it incredibly frustrating to decrease, or particularly frustrating to increase key amounts if you haven't already sunk hundreds of hours learning "thats just how it is".

With many of the Osu! skins specifically for Osu Mania resembling something more along the lines of Cursor Mania from back in the day, I don't really see skinning a solution. It would be nice to get a default option, or atleast in in-game interface to choose the colors of these keys without setting aside a month to edit their respective .inis and create respective sprites.
hoangthinh5566
lmao
Phlox
Just use a custom noteskin that looks like the default skin such as Zglow community/forums/topics/641141
Zelzatter Zero
If you do be like that to mania, I can only say good luck when playing any other VSRGs such as DJMax, o2jam, LR2, Stepmania, because most of them follows the same format with this.

Also most skinners' skill has reach a point that you can make a separate skin for 4k and a completely different one on 7k, I don't think any changes should be added rn.
Topic Starter
IIIPlasmaIII

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

I don't think any changes should be added rn.
Im just asking for basic color changing support option in the UI, not a permanent change. I can hardly see how "Its how it works in every other rythm game" is a fair argument against adding in an option to this game.

Phlox wrote:

Just use a custom noteskin that looks like the default skin such as Zglow community/forums/topics/641141
That skin changes all the colors to the same color. Not exactly what I'm looking for, which is kind of the problem since Ill either have to, like I said, set aside an exorbitant amount of time changing the UI myself when really making a customize UI option probably wouldn't be that insane a project.

Looking around, I'm not even alone in saying this. Theres been plenty of other, albeit much older, posts regarding a similar complaint.

hoangthinh5566 wrote:

lmao
>Hasn't even played a mania map thats not 4k