forum

osu! fails to start;;everything has been tried

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mree_old
Last week, after playing a full screen game (not osu!, I play that windowed)
my computer display had to be reconfigured, and once reconfigured osu! stopped working.
What happens is; I click it, nothing opens at all, and when I try to click again it says I have to abort the other game playing. I accept the prompt to abort osu!, but when I try to open again it is still "open"

Now, I looked through the Bug Report forum and I see the suggestion to redownload the game.
I delete my files, redownload, no luck.
So I check again, and I am told to download the newest .net program. I do so, and try to open again. Same problem.
Now I'm really angry (who wouldn't be if they play osu! everyday and then can't?)
I've redownloaded this game almost 3 times, and still nothing is working.
I use Windows Vista, and there has never been a problem such as this.

Is there anything else I can do? I've tried everything that usually works for others. I check the forums everyday to see if there is a solution, but if I missed anything please inform me.

Thank you.
anonymous_old
Random guess:

Are you in 16-bit colour mode? Does Aero stop working (assuming you have Aero enabled)? Go to Display Settings -> Colours -> 32-bit.

Have you tried rebooting your computer? That's a fix for many Windows issues.
Topic Starter
Mree_old
Nope, my colour settings have been at 32-bit since this started happening.
I do not know what Aero is. Is it needed?

I've been trying to fix this for a week, so many restarts have happened, but with no results.
felix123_old
Aero is the flashy translucent stuff in Vista.
Topic Starter
Mree_old
Ohh, I see. Thanks. :D

Where would I go to check if this setting is working properly?
awp
Aero should not be capable of interfering with the operation of applications (it would just slow them down).
peppy
I don't know how you got so many responses, since you still haven't said what is GOING WRONG. Can you describe what is GOING WRONG in detail?
Topic Starter
Mree_old
Ah, sorry sorry. I guess I didn't describe it well. D;

Basically, I'll open the program, and it won't open at all (not make noise, etc.)
So, since it didn't open, I try to open again, which causes my computer to tell me that it is already open and to abort the "already operating" osu!. Saying okay to that prompt doesn't close it, and the only way to close it is to restart or open the updater, which closes it to update.
I'll also open my task manager, and it also says that it isn't running.

Is that enough? Tell me what exactly I'm missing if that isn't enough info.
An64fan
How long are you waiting between your first attempt to start it up and the second? As well, have you made sure to check your processes in Task manager (and not just applications)?
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Mree_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.