forum

Taiko maps you've been enjoying lately, and why?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RainbowSugar_old_1
I'm still a relative newbie slowly working my way up the difficulties, but one of my favorite things about taiko is playing a map where the pattern goes so well with the music and heightens the experience of the track itself.

One of my recent favorites is the muzukashii difficulty of Dead Soul (mapped by POCARI SWEAT). My favorite bit is the pattern at the start (just alternating kats and dons, but the timing is kind of "broken up" - forgive my clumsy newbie terminology), which repeats at several fitting points in the song.

Thought it would be neat to hear what others find to be fun in taiko and what maps they've been enjoying for which reasons.
petterde
Yoo, very wholesome post :d
Taiko definitely made me appreciate more genres of music, like metal, speedcore and weeb music haha. And heightens the listening experience yes!
What I personally find fun in taiko is challenging maps, and just any songs that I like to listen to^^ And also playing the same map over and over again usually makes me like the song more for some reason...

Favorite song is probably Stealth Dash mapped by Rhytoly, as the music is unique and dope, difficulty is fitting for my level, and the beatmap combines a lot of different patterns/skills.
Another enjoyable song (metal) I like is Hollow mapped by SILENCE PLAYER. I never really listened to metal before playing taiko, and maps like this is the reason why I do listen to it now. Very enjoyable to play, and I feel more connected to the music by playing them! ^^
michaelatheswag
I am new to taiko too, however, I care more about the music.
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1078723#taiko/2257108, this one I like a lot