forum

osk!packer - pack your skins easy!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Flanster
I thought of the idea a month or two and now im going to release it!
This application basically packs files into an osk file, just drag the skin folder inside the program window and it will pack it into a osk file, ready to be imported in osu!
With this application, making osk files will be a more simple and faster task if you're too lazy to zip em and rename manually.
And will hopefully encourage more the usage of osk.
Enjoy!

ZIP file contains two executables, a normal one and another with a custom UI (custom one requires windows 7 and aero enabled to work properly).

Like any applications bugs can happen but it will do its job anyway so dont report any :)
You can download it here!
Requires .NET Framework, just so you know.
MillhioreF
So basically, this turns a 2-step process into a 1-step process? Not very useful for people who know what they're doing, but I imagine it'll be a big help for newbies who aren't quite sure about the skin distribution process. Great job :D
Topic Starter
Flanster

MillhioreF wrote:

So basically, this turns a 2-step process into a 1-step process? Not very useful for people who know what they're doing, but I imagine it'll be a big help for newbies who aren't quite sure about the skin distribution process. Great job :D
We live in a generation of lazy people :D
RBRat3
Erm, I have yet to find this useful in the sense that every skin that I have ever uploaded to puush got the extension changed back to zip. so its kinda still a 2 step process just one being on the receiving end XD

Suppose its worth the drag n' drop ease of it...
Marcin
Will it also work, if I put skin folder on icon ? (Is it possible at all?)
Topic Starter
Flanster

Alpaka wrote:

Will it also work, if I put skin folder on icon ? (Is it possible at all?)

nope
JappyBabes

MillhioreF wrote:

Well, a lot of people end up making duplicate skins inside the one they're trying to convert into a .osk file. They'll zip it, then rename the file extension from .zip to .osk and they'll end up with osu!/Skins/"Skin Folder"/Contents of skin + "Skin Folder"/Contents of skin so it's more helpful than you'd think.
Cristian
That is so helpfull, thanks.
NicoHolic777
I hope it could pack multiple folders at once. [No, not as one .osk!]
Topic Starter
Flanster
I hope you realise you posted in a thread that has been dead for over 2 years.