forum

Osu! YouTube Channels

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SkyNeonYT
So, I just posted a single 50-60 minute live stream of me playing Osu!mania. I got copyright claimed on my video (I have no subscribers) and I was wondering if there was a simple way to know how to prevent this from happening and just preventing me from having this issue in the long term, since I am aware other YouTubers also stream/post Osu! content. Thanks!
WitherMite
no, youtube auto claims anything with copyright. especially songs. only way to really get around it is to not post videos with copyright songs.
Mentee
A good way to prevent this would be commentary. Talking over the music can help prevent copyright/claims. This works most of the time, aslong as you are louder and much more clear than the music (making it quiet in the background).
Emojo
Try being original for once. Otherwise, go back to school and find your talent.
Adinda
Its too hard to bring osu as content indeed cuz many of songs sadly copyright content,i dont know the solution of this but try to avoid play copyright song if you wanna keep upload osu content or change the audio to prevent that.
Winnyace
you can't really avoid it. it's basically impossible, specially on Youtube
Adinda

Winnyace wrote:

Yea basicall impossible,but some song like doujin music or smth can avoid it i think
Farfocele
The only way to bypass Content ID really is decreasing the music settings to something low and quiet and increasing hitsound volume, and/or high/low pitching some songs.
michaelatheswag

Adinda wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

Yea basicall impossible,but some song like doujin music or smth can avoid it i think
Nekopara OST 😈
ClevelandsMyBro
can't we just sing the song? no i mean like not just the lyrics. i mean every instrument

not osu! but this is a working thing. i wish the best of luck for your throat tho
Noob

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

can't we just sing the song? no i mean like not just the lyrics. i mean every instrument

not osu! but this is a working thing. i wish the best of luck for your throat tho
I don't think singing the song would avoid copyright.
YouTube's Copyright Bot is smart these days.
Taikah
I've seen various osu! YouTubers have a similar fashion to avoid getting copyright claimed by YouTube's ID system.

- Increase the hitsounds to make them louder than the actual music. If you're willing to go through the extra mile such as replacing the live version's audio, you can record the reply version with much louder hitsounds.

- As mentioned above, talking over the audio clip or raising or lowering the pitch is pretty effective still. This goes for replacing the audio with non-copyrighted music as well.

- On YouTube there used to be a feature where you were able to type in specific song names and it would have let you know if it was copyrighted or not. Sadly, as of today your only option would be to upload the video straight up and let the system hit you with copyright and then edit your livestream later.

- Possibly what you could do for future livestreams is have your own category on osu! that features non-copyrighted songs to avoid future copyright claims.

Hopefully in someway these ideas could help c:
Vector5g