forum

Ghost Mod to in-game compare your score with someone's [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
AlphaWaves
Hi,
It's been some time I was thinking about that, the Defrag mod for Quake 3 has this feature (as well as some racing games like f-zero) and I told myself it could be possible to add this into osu!, and it could be useful too.

Reason
While playing, you can compare your score against the top 40 scores on the current beatmap. But you cant really say, while in a break for example, "this attempt is a good one!" or "no, i wont beat this score, this run isnt a good one".
So it is why this feature could be helpful.
Plus, it would make every run more exciting, like you're trying to catch the score you're targeting for.

Features
It could be a mod to activate or just an option to turn on before playing a beatmap.
You would choose one (or more ?) score as a target. And on the left side of the screen, where it usualy shows your score compared to 40 best ones, it would show your actual score compared TO THE ACTUAL targeted score AS IT WAS at this moment of the beatmap.
Then, you can compare your score with the "true" score.

Sorry if it's not really clear..
Lets see with an example.

Examples
Lets have a beatmap with 10 notes on it. One note per second.
And lets say each note gives you 1K points if you are 100% accurate. (I know its not like that in osu! but it will be easier to understand with simple numbers).
So potential BEST SCORES would be :
at first second : 1,000 points
at 2sd second : 2,000 points
[...]
at last (10th) second : 10,000 points.
Player A did a 90% accuracy on this song, and so has 9K points. He did one mistake on the 5th note and so scored 0 point instead of 1K.
Player B wants to beat player A's score. He activates the Ghost Mod and choose Player A as his targeted score.
Now, when he plays the song, in the left side of the screen it shows his actual score, as well as Player A's score as it was at the same time.
Example :
SPOILER
(Lets say Player B does a perfect, 100% acc)
At first second it shows : Your Score : 1,000 // Player A : 1,000 (you're tied)
At 2sd second it shows : Your Score : 2,000 // Player A : 2,000 (you're tied)
At 3rd second it shows : Your Score : 3,000 // Player A : 3,000 (you're tied)
At 4th second it shows : Your Score : 4,000 // Player A : 4,000 (you're tied)
At 5th second it shows : Your Score : 5,000 // Player A : 4,000 (you're better)
At 6th second it shows : Your Score : 6,000 // Player A : 5,000 (you're better)
At 7th second it shows : Your Score : 7,000 // Player A : 6,000 (you're better)
At 8th second it shows : Your Score : 8,000 // Player A : 7,000 (you're better)
At 9th second it shows : Your Score : 9,000 // Player A : 8,000 (you're better)
At 10th second it shows : Your Score : 10,000 // Player A : 9,000 (you're better)

Hope you understood what I meant.
Its like in Defrag mod, for those who know, when you try to beat your own best score, it shows it as a ghost and so, if you are ahead of him, you should beat your own high score if you keep it up the hard work, or if you're behind the ghost, meaning your actual performance was worst than your best one.

Maybe its a good idea to add this to osu! maybe it isn't, im waiting for your opinions :).
deadbeat
t/11114 that would be this, correct?
Natsu
I think he mean when u play u could se your better score in the map and try to beat it in real time

edit: like 1 vs 1 but vs the ghost of your last best record
theowest

deadbeat wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/11114 that would be this, correct?
I agree