forum

Hide icons in Editor? [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
0_o
I often run into the situation in the editor when I'm making sliders that are close to the edge where I have to place slider points very close to the edge of the screen, but a lot of time that spot ends up on an icon, and I end up clicking hitsounds, spinners, "Insert Break Time," etc. It would be nice if there was an option (a keyboard shortcut would be nice) to hide and show the icons and timeline.
An64fan
Those must be some pretty far-out points on your sliders. Still, happens to me with regular sliders with the points near the edge of the screen.

Perhaps an on/off hide option in the editor. Could hide the editors after some amount of time, then if you want them to appear again you just double-click at one the edges. Or maybe a hotkey to hide/unhide the editor tools would work well as well.

Metroid
you mean to pull back those tabs to quickly click on something that's under the tabs? I'm all for it, I gt very annoyed when I click on a button and I accidentally mess up something...
Gens
+1
:D
Ekaru
? Just add more points, so all your points are inside the slider (yes, it works this way). If it still touches the icons, then it's too far to the edge, and should be moved in anyways. I wouldn't want a hotkey for this either, in case I accidentally press it, and then I have to ask in chat for which button I just pressed so I can get the icons back, since I wouldn't know since I wouldn't use it. Considering the icons are in places where notes or points shouldn't be anyways... =/ (Don't be stingy on your points, just use a bunch then readjust them til they look nice without going near the icons).

Don't approve of a time-based one either, that would just get annoying.
mattyu007
Sounds like a good idea ^_^

@ Ekaru: I think hotkey meant as in press it, everything's gone; release it, everything returns...
peppy
I was going to hide them, then I realised that just giving click priority to sliders should address all that has been mentioned in this thread. I have changed this behaviour.