forum

How does PP work?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jii- chan
I'm new to Osu community and I'm kinda curious about how PP works. I noticed that even tho I messed up at a map, it still gave me perfect PP... I've been playing the game for a long time but been playing solo up until now that I got friends who sends me invitations. Sorry if this doesn't seem interesting coming from a player with a lengthy playtime and thank you for the future response.
GPR
[LS]PositoniX
super oversimplification:

1. performance points are awarded for you when you set a new score on a ranked map
  2. in osu mania, the total amount of pp you can get is based on the star rating
  3. higher star rating difficulty and higher score = more pp
  4. higher od (overall difficulty, aka the timing window), object count (total amount of notes and holds), and higher accuracy = more pp
  5. halftime mod/easy mod used = less pp
  6. nofail mod used = 0 pp
  7. hidden/fade-in/flashlight/sudden death/perfect mods used = no change
  8. your total amount of pp on your profile doesnt depend on your total pp from all of your plays but rather osu has a way of calculating your pp.

how osu calculates your pp
    only a certain percent of the total pp you get from a play is accounted into your pp count. you can find out what percent is accounted for by looking at your top plays, but your #1 play will always be worth 100% of the pp you got on it. your #2 will be worth 95%, #3 is 90%, #4 is 86%, and so on (look at your top plays for specific percent number). this is called weighted pp, and it's the white number to the right of the yellow number which tells you how much pp you got on the play. all of the weighted pp is added up to give you a rank. your rank is based on how much total weighted pp you have. if you hover over your rank, it tells you how much pp you have for specific keymodes (only 4k and 7k) and if you hover over your country rank, it will do the same but just for your country.
also: a small amount of bonus pp is added to your scores based on how many ranked maps you have played. it's called bonus pp, though it's a pretty low amount

hope i helped
Lights
more notes per second = more pp.

long note releases count as notes so little lns = big pp.
Topic Starter
Jii- chan

PositoniX wrote:

super oversimplification:

1. performance points are awarded for you when you set a new score on a ranked map
  2. in osu mania, the total amount of pp you can get is based on the star rating
  3. higher star rating difficulty and higher score = more pp
  4. higher od (overall difficulty, aka the timing window), object count (total amount of notes and holds), and higher accuracy = more pp
  5. halftime mod/easy mod used = less pp
  6. nofail mod used = 0 pp
  7. hidden/fade-in/flashlight/sudden death/perfect mods used = no change
  8. your total amount of pp on your profile doesnt depend on your total pp from all of your plays but rather osu has a way of calculating your pp.

how osu calculates your pp
    only a certain percent of the total pp you get from a play is accounted into your pp count. you can find out what percent is accounted for by looking at your top plays, but your #1 play will always be worth 100% of the pp you got on it. your #2 will be worth 95%, #3 is 90%, #4 is 86%, and so on (look at your top plays for specific percent number). this is called weighted pp, and it's the white number to the right of the yellow number which tells you how much pp you got on the play. all of the weighted pp is added up to give you a rank. your rank is based on how much total weighted pp you have. if you hover over your rank, it tells you how much pp you have for specific keymodes (only 4k and 7k) and if you hover over your country rank, it will do the same but just for your country.
also: a small amount of bonus pp is added to your scores based on how many ranked maps you have played. it's called bonus pp, though it's a pretty low amount

hope i helped
Thank you very much! I learned a lot from this.

Lights wrote:

more notes per second = more pp.

long note releases count as notes so little lns = big pp.
Ohhh!!! This one's pretty easy to understand! Thank you for the response~!