forum

Auto Reply [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
So like... im modding right? And i dont want to be disturbed so...

/Auto "Currently busy, contact me after 2 hours" and BOOM!! The guy who pmed will recieve that~

Also...

when afk: /Auto "Afk, dont even bother" BOOM!!!!!

At bathroom: /Auto "Smells like shit, brb"

Playing marissa: /Auto "WTF HAX"

etc..etc..etc..
I dont know if "/Auto "msg" would work as a command, thats just an example~

<3
anonymous_old
For my IRC client, I use the away message to show that I'm away or busy. I have a script which sends a message to someone if they highlight me.

You'd set your away message like this: /away Eating.
If someone highlights you, they'd receive: * strager is away: Eating.
To clear your away message, set your away message to nothing: /away
This can be integrated with the Osu! status indication, which is a plus. (Better than a generic "Afk" anyway.)
ThePassingShadow
I'm all for a /away command implemented within #osu.

I've been waiting for it for quite some time, actually. I just never thought of posting.
AceOfArrows
+1 to support for this request. Useful and has potential for away message hilarity.

Also, clearing the away message by typing "/away" with nothing after it would probably confuse me a couple times. Could we also have "/back" as an option for this as well?
mattyu007
That's the usual IRC way, no?
/away <reason>
/back
Metroid

mattyu007 wrote:

/away <reason>
/back
I usually see some MMO's like SWG use /afk and the message was set via options to whatever you wanted..
anonymous_old

mattyu007 wrote:

/away <reason>
/back
Most IRC clients I have dealt with follow the RFC closely. For example, on the AWAY message:

RFC 1459 wrote:

The AWAY message is used either with one parameter (to set an AWAY message) or with no parameters (to remove the AWAY message).
It thus makes sense that /away is mapped almost directly to the AWAY message in an IRC client.

I think /unaway as an alias (not replacement) for plain, parameterless /away is a better choice than /back.
awp
I'd go with what strager said

/away <reason>
/away
mattyu007
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ivalset
I don't see what's so confusing about using the same command with no parameters to tell that command to fuck off. Plus, "less confusing to new users"? Just have a message pop up when you set yourself as away to say something along the lines of

You are now away with the message: "killing kittens brb". To unset your away status, type /away.

I'm not a wordsmith but I think you guys get what I'm getting at.
CheeseWarlock
New users probably wouldn't know how to do it anyway. :P I like /back as an alias for /away.
anonymous_old

mattyu007 wrote:

A reason I like /away and /back better than just having /away is because it would be mush less confusing for new users...
(Typing "/away" to mark yourself back is kinda strange, no? :P)
The feature isn't exactly discoverable. If it were, it'd be elsewhere (maybe a button in the players screen) and would be a toggle of sorts.

mattyu007 wrote:

Besides, isn't Bancho not completely RFC-compliant?
Assuming you're referring to the built-in Osu! IRC client, I have no idea. Still, I highly doubt that's relevant to this topic. =]
RemmyX25

strager wrote:

mattyu007 wrote:

Assuming you're referring to the built-in Osu! IRC client, I have no idea. Still, I highly doubt that's relevant to this topic. =]
Actually, imo it's quite relevant, since most normal IRC clients can also reach the channel. Then again, I could be sounding like I know what I'm talking about but really don't.

Anywho

+1 support.
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

strager wrote:

mattyu007 wrote:

matty's referring to the server, not the client. The IRC specification has an AWAY command which I didn't implement. Because of this, /away from an IRC client doesn't work.
Ah. Thanks for the clarification.

It can be added, though, right? =S
Echo
Of course :) given the right motivation
Metroid

Echo wrote:

Of course :) given the right motivation
Please do...