forum

Feature rating, revised

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
I came across a feature request on a "feature rating." I think it is a good idea, but the way Sir Minelli explained it isn't too agreeable.

I (re?)propose a feature rating system. However, users aren't rated like the kudosu system. Rather, only the ideas are rated. Perhaps implement a feature where users have a certain number of points they can allocate to a feature. UserVoice has a great implementation. StackOverflow uses UserVoice and it works very well. (I can explain this system in my own words if needed.)

A note: SO uses UV for bugs as well as feature requests. (After all, feature requests are bug reports about a missing feature!) I wouldn't suggest having the Bug Report forum have this system, because most of the bugs are one-off kinda things which wouldn't benefit much from community support.

I really believe having a system like this will benefit the community. A popular topic doesn't necessarily mean a popular/supported feature, and a barren topic doesn't necessarily mean an unsupported feature. Users can pledge their support to feature requests systematically or merely drop a comment if they wish. This makes it clear to developers what exactly is desired by the community, IMO.
Sir Minelli
Hello,

hmmm i just thought about somthing~

Why not instead of ranking... The inventor of the idea kinda gets credit for it.

For example: I invented the "Replay Count" so at my profile it would be cool to see: "Features accepted" you click that and you see the features that the user has posted and that are currently being applied.

But i dont really care about this lol, i mean, it would be cool to see that of course~
And in a certain way, people that watch your profile and see your features might think: Hmm it would be cool to have that on mine~ and they may think of a cool idea or somthing and post it.

I post all of my ideas so peppy reads and see if they work or not. I love giving out ideas. Some of them get pwned, some are interesting, and some get accepted right away~

Just making Osu! a better game~
peppy
strager: yes i agree
sir_minelli: no you are doin it rong
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Sir Minelli wrote:

Hello,

hmmm i just thought about somthing~

Why not instead of ranking... The inventor of the idea kinda gets credit for it.

For example: I invented the "Replay Count" so at my profile it would be cool to see: "Features accepted" you click that and you see the features that the user has posted and that are currently being applied.

But i dont really care about this lol, i mean, it would be cool to see that of course~
And in a certain way, people that watch your profile and see your features might think: Hmm it would be cool to have that on mine~ and they may think of a cool idea or somthing and post it.

I post all of my ideas so peppy reads and see if they work or not. I love giving out ideas. Some of them get pwned, some are interesting, and some get accepted right away~

Just making Osu! a better game~
Doing this leans toward feature request spamming. That is, people post feature requests just to get some points or try to shotgun a chance of getting an accepted feature badge. The aim is for the community to make Osu! a better game.

An example: I have seen one or two feature requests which I had thought of myself but had not bother posting. Shouldn't I get credit as well as the original poster? Is it then a race? Power in quality than in numbers IMO...

@peppy, Glad you agree. =]
Sir Minelli
Oh well, ill just leave strager do his thing here~