forum

Countdown Widescreen support

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ritzeh
Will the countdown pictures be able to fill in the empty space for a widescreen resolution in a later update?
Like the spaces between 3 and 2
MLGnom
You can do this by yourself, just change the size of 388x768 to something like 500x768 (or more) for count 3 and do the same for count 1. Just experiment a little to find proper size. That's why actually is recommended to make 2 versions of skin, normal and for widescreen.
chelly
Well, what I do is just add the black stripes from the 3 count and 2 count to the sides of the 1 count. Makes it look nicer, but it doesn't fill in the gaps. Aside from doing what the above poster said, you could open an image editing program and add transparency to the left of the 3 and to the right of the 2 to "push" them toward the 1 count. Just a theory, but I'm not sure whether or not osu! has some type of limit to the size of the image.
TakuMii
Those spaces are the widescreen support (they weren't there until after the widescreen BG update). If you have a skin with properly-sized countdown graphics, then those gaps won't be there.

EDIT: And if anyone needs it, I have 4:3 at 342x768, 16:9 at 456x768, and 16x10 at 410x768.