forum

Widescreen resolution for fullscreen [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Devacion
I really like to play the game and all in that is nice ! but when i want to play in fullscreen i can only choice 1024 X 768 and the graphic look poor...

That would be nice to have resolution like 1280 X 800 ! that just an exemple of resolution in widescreen, i don't know all of them!

By the way really great game!
anonymous_old
I would ask for more resolutions in general, or at least different aspect ratios. 16:10, 16:9, 4:3, and 5:4 are the most common. I think Osu! only supports 4:3 resolutions (which is annoying because my monitor's native resolution is 5:4).

An easy "fix" for the problem is telling your graphics card to letterbox the image. That is, place black bars above/below or left/right of the image (depending on your monitor's aspect ratio, or if you want to center at a 1:1 pixel scale). Sadly, my video card does not support this. I do believe most nVidia cards have support for it, though.
peppy
Finally got around to looking at support for this. It's not perfect (editor needs some work) but almost there. It will be a simple letterbox for this release, but hopefully will have more widescreen support in the future.

anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25
Any hope for a 16:9 option?

Just curious...
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo

RemmyX25 wrote:

Any hope for a 16:9 option?

peppy wrote:

It will be a simple letterbox for this release, but hopefully will have more widescreen support in the future.