forum

Allow using arrow keys to move through search text [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Macacito

if i misstype something i have to delete everything because i cant go back with the arrows to fix
Aka
i dream of such a function for a long time..
lol
SkyDevil
Should be on the feature requests forum
MillhioreF
Yeah, I think this was never implemented, and so isn't a bug. Moving it over.
Ephemeral
left and right arrowkeys are used to navigate maps within a set iirc, so the base functionality is overrided in this case

i may be able to reintroduce this by assigning the textbox searching to shift+arrowkey, but that feels really tacky and kinda awful.
MillhioreF
I don't use the arrow keys very often to navigate maps very often, and I don't think many other players do either. Perhaps make the textbox search have arrow key priority when something is being searched for, and shift+arrowkey could move the beatmaps.
Aka

MillhioreF wrote:

I don't use the arrow keys very often to navigate maps very often, and I don't think many other players do either.
i leaf through them always using arrows :p
Leeg

MillhioreF wrote:

I don't use the arrow keys very often to navigate maps very often, and I don't think many other players do either.
I only use arrow keys to navigate through beatmap selection D:
MillhioreF
Well I guess I've been proven at least somewhat wrong! Maybe it shouldn't be changed to that, then.
TheVileOne
I would rather have it be ctr arrow key, since ctr is right next to the arrow keys. It's not super awkward, definitely a better solution than keeping the current behaviour.
Wishy
Pressing escape and retyping is faster. :p
theowest

Wishy wrote:

Pressing escape and retyping is faster. :p
indeed it is. it doesn't take long to search for the beatmap you're looking for
Ephemeral
yeah, esc. clearing the search box is what most users do to begin with judging by the looks of things, not really sure this functionality is even needed, especially given that ctrl-arrowkey is obscure at best and clunky at worst
Topic Starter
Macacito
this shouldnt be a feature request.. its a bug
Ephemeral
it's intended behaviour, have you ever tried using arrow keys in song select before?
Topic Starter
Macacito
it should have a priority, so its a bug.
fix it
theowest
Using the arrow keys will navigate you through the beatmap list.
Topic Starter
Macacito
it should have a priority
MillhioreF
It is SUPPOSED to navigate you through the beatmap list. It does exactly what it's supposed to do, so it's not a bug.
jesse1412

MillhioreF wrote:

It is SUPPOSED to navigate you through the beatmap list. It does exactly what it's supposed to do, so it's not a bug.
Even if this is a troll post, left/right arrow keys get stuck on certain beatmaps for some reason. There is a bug but I never cares enough to report it.
Topic Starter
Macacito

Macacito wrote:

Macacito wrote:

Macacito wrote:

Macacito wrote:

Macacito wrote:

you guys are so annoying
theowest
I don't think it should. It's faster just to erase and rewrite. Who doesn't just rewrite instantly they see they typed it wrong? Do you look at your keyboard when you're typing?
deadbeat
esc and rewrite, you shouldn't need to write more than 10 characters to find what you need anyway
Topic Starter
Macacito

theowest wrote:

Do you look at your keyboard when you're typing?
yes?
theowest
Learn to type without looking at the keyboard and you'll never experience this problem again. c;
Topic Starter
Macacito
if i do that ill do very misstypes :(
deadbeat

Ephemeral wrote:

it's intended behaviour
read more