forum

[Help] 133 BPM Song, what divider should i use?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AstryleX
As the title says, i would like to map a song with 133 BPM. I first tried with 1/6, but this works only for the beginning, later it feels uncomfortable... So i tried it with 1/4 and quickly realized that many circles cant be perfectly synced to sounds. Idk what to do. Does changing the BPM at a certain point work? Or should i map in a different divider?

Song is "Simple Plan - Me Against the World" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riGm5Xevkoo
But i found the BPM on TuneBat it says 133 BPM
Petal
Would help if you could provide the song/map in question
Topic Starter
AstryleX

Petal wrote:

Would help if you could provide the song/map in question
edited it
Serizawa Haruki
This does sound like 133 BPM with simple 1/4 snapping, but maybe you're having issues because either the offset is wrong or because the song could have variable timing. In that case you'd have to add more red lines to the map.
Zelzatter Zero
seems like normal 1/4 for me
Topic Starter
AstryleX

Serizawa Haruki wrote:

This does sound like 133 BPM with simple 1/4 snapping, but maybe you're having issues because either the offset is wrong or because the song could have variable timing. In that case you'd have to add more red lines to the map.

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

seems like normal 1/4 for me
mhm, ill try to change speed/BPM after the beginning, maybe it will help a bit
Cuma Iseng
BPM timing on old rock/pop band song usually harder because they either has nonconsistent BPM (aka the instrument is not computerized, so it has variable timing like 133 with +-2 error on some section) or the BPM speed is just too precise (let's says it should be 132.xx or 133.xx instead of 133.00).

My suggestion is try to precise the BPM up until two decimal. If the issue still occur, then use multiple BPM.
Topic Starter
AstryleX

Cuma Iseng wrote:

BPM timing on old rock/pop band song usually harder because they either has nonconsistent BPM (aka the instrument is not computerized, so it has variable timing like 133 with +-2 error on some section) or the BPM speed is just too precise (let's says it should be 132.xx or 133.xx instead of 133.00).

My suggestion is try to precise the BPM up until two decimal. If the issue still occur, then use multiple BPM.
okay, thanks
epic man 2
Just a future insight when it comes to timing songs....

Do not use online websites to find out BPMs as they can be incorrect, leading you to an offsync map.