forum

Help me pls on this beatmap(Raise my star difficulty)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KYGaming
Idk where to actually post this thread, but I guess it can be here.

I was going to make a Normal-Hard-Insane spread on a 120 bpm (don't judge me using a default bpm) Martin Garrix song. So far, the star difficulty for the first two diffs is fine. 2.1* Normal, 3.0* Hard. Seems okay.

But for the Insane? I have trouble. After mapping, the star difficulty was 3.41*. So I did some distance spacing changes in the first half, and I got 3.48*. Then I changed the slider velocity in one part, then it raised to 3.6*. Thould that SV would work, so I used it on the Kiai part, but I guessed that doing it would be harder to fit the objects, so I made irregular slidershapes and a slightly shorter distance spacings. However it drastically decreased to 3.46*. What the heck??

Maybe the first numbers are wrong, but that's what I remembered, and 3.45* is the true final one.

I really needed help here, 3.7-8* is fine, so if you want to help me, you could do your suggestions here, or DM me.

Here's more info:

My osu!standard skill: I can do S and SS in Easy and Normals, goes downhill in Hards, barely passed any Insanes.

My Mapping Experience: this is my 6th map and 3rd "real" map, so I'm kinda new. So far, I'm getting noticed well. My gouls is to push it as far as it could go (That does not mean immediately Ranked).

Beatmap Info: Martin Garrix feat. Clinton Kane - Drown, English, Electronic, Drain Time is 1:24 because it's shortened (I have a really good technique in shortening a song).

Other Concerns: I can take suggestions of ways to increase density, but it will be difficult because it's already. Can you check my offset. I keep getting 100 scores somehow. Also, I still have some ideas to raise the star difficulty, so I might already taken your suggestions before you even have one.

Link to the beatmap: beatmapsets/1257188#osu/2612341
WitherMite
a couple things: first, your offset is too early, try 2,070.

Second, I'm pretty sure that SR doesn't see slider bodies and ends, only the heads. so the fact that the map is mostly 1/2 rhythms with 1/1 or extended 1/2 sliders at such a slow tempo is going to make it pretty hard to get the SR much higher the way your insane diff is now. but I'll try.

- Maybe make the 1/2 beat circles in the first kiai into wide angled triangles, to keep it different from the sharp triangles in the rest of the song, but still make the spacing of the map higher.
like this:
- make the 1/4 before the second kiai into a triangle, to both emphasize the drums more and increase spacing.

- have the triples before sliders in the second and third kiai flow circularly into them instead of being stacks, like this:
Doing these things I was able to get the map above 3.70*. fiddle around a bit to find patterns you like. feel free to ignore any of my ideas you feel don't fit the song.

I like your map btw, good job.
lewski
not caring about star rating is a good idea too since it's irrelevant
WitherMite
yea good point
BR41N
Spacing is not the only way to increase difficulty. I've noticed multiple instances of sounds that you didn't really map, so if you make the rhythm denser where you can (those unmapped sounds), the difficulty should get higher. Doing that will probably reduce the emphasis on vocals, but that shouldn't be a problem.
Topic Starter
KYGaming
So here's what I got.

WitherMite wrote:

a couple things: first, your offset is too early, try 2,070.

Second, I'm pretty sure that SR doesn't see slider bodies and ends, only the heads. so the fact that the map is mostly 1/2 rhythms with 1/1 or extended 1/2 sliders at such a slow tempo is going to make it pretty hard to get the SR much higher the way your insane diff is now. but I'll try.

- Maybe make the 1/2 beat circles in the first kiai into wide angled triangles, to keep it different from the sharp triangles in the rest of the song, but still make the spacing of the map higher.
like this:
- make the 1/4 before the second kiai into a triangle, to both emphasize the drums more and increase spacing.

- have the triples before sliders in the second and third kiai flow circularly into them instead of being stacks, like this:
Doing these things I was able to get the map above 3.70*. fiddle around a bit to find patterns you like. feel free to ignore any of my ideas you feel don't fit the song.

I like your map btw, good job.
I had accepted your first two suggestions, making some of my own changes all the way. Then when I checked, it rose up to 3.76*! So larger angles do work (I didn't put too much triangles tho). I got too hyped that I lost motivation and just gonna upload it before I would do your third suggeston (sorry for that).

As for BR41N, however, I have no ideas for density. I could not find for good sounds that fit to map. I wanted to, even though there might be some hitsound changes, it could be fine.

Thanks everyone for helping! I can now freely put this to archives, yay!