forum

Visual settings; inability to dim before passing [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
raww_old
Remove the inability to dim a background 100%, remove hitsounds/storyboards, before passing. Most players will just play the song with DT+nofail the first time, to be able to dim. I don't see how it's necessary.

I don't see why this was implemented in the first place; why do you have to sit and wait for the map to finish once, before you can remove the flashy background/storyboard if you're obviously unable to focus on the gameplay, because of it?

I understand you wouldn't want to easily disregard the mappers' effort with storyboards, but a choice has to be taken, since you cannot preserve both opinions. Is this a game, or is it scenery? Why not allow people who are easily disturbed by obscurity to dim it without having to pass it first? And yeah, the solution is obviously blocking off the players view the first 5 seconds of the play. At least move it to the corner, like every other error message, so the player can focus on the initiation of the map.
deadbeat
i love how people get there way, and then its just never enough >_>
just be glad you have your toggles. 1 play count isn't going to hurt.

the reason that you have to finish the map first is because peppy wants you to ask look at the mappers effort into making a skin/sb before you just through it away. elso enjoy your background deleting while you still can >_>
theowest
I just want to say that it would be very interesting to see how many people think a feature should behave differently or improve. What their opinions are on osu! stuff. Just to create interesting statistics. Even for silly things like these, to see what the community's views are on osu!
A more active and "dirty" community vote forum? It might work as an exhaust from other common forums people ask and complain in.
Just take a look at this topic: t/89767 and peppy's response to that thread:

peppy wrote:

Thanks for your input. I have reviewed cases with HalfTime and adjusted weighting accordingly.
I will not be releasing weightings etc. publicly as I believe it would be counter-productive.
----
I know this request is silly and asking for something more we recently already got. So yeah, this particular feature will never be improve in such way.
Topic Starter
raww_old

deadbeat wrote:

i love how people get there way, and then its just never enough >_>
just be glad you have your toggles. 1 play count isn't going to hurt.

the reason that you have to finish the map first is because peppy wants you to ask look at the mappers effort into making a skin/sb before you just through it away. elso enjoy your background deleting while you still can >_>
But why is the one play count necessary? Backgrounds are harming the playability. And i already commented on the "mappers effort of making SB's"

The current "solution" makes no sense, why do you intend on keeping it? I don't understand that at all.

theowest wrote:

I know this request is silly and asking for something more we recently already got. So yeah, this particular feature will never be improve in such way.
"asking for something we already got". There shouldn't be a limit to what can be improved, it was already implemented, yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that it should be perfected, instead of just putting out some tumbledown solution out.
theowest
sorry, forgot to lock again. message me if you want to talk about my previous reply. I'd love to know what you think.