forum

Is hit circle allowed at the slider ending?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SpectralMorphy
Beatmap ranking criteria rules say:

"No two hit objects can be placed on the same tick. This includes hit circles and the durations of sliders and spinners. osu!mania beatmaps are exempt from this."

I think slider ending considered as the slider duration. But is it disallowed to place hit circle to the same tick and the same point as the slider ending?

Like this:

I saw similar combos in some ranked beatmaps. But I'm not sure hit circle there were placed at the tick of slider ending.

So is this against the rules? Due to the rule formulation - yes. But it just can be beaten with SS using a single button, so I don't see any reasons against this.
Adinda
I dont see why should use that rhythm ,just use 3/4 slider and circle would result same in gameplay as that
WitherMite
yes that is not allowed, you can also technically SS some other unrankable 2b patterns with objects during the sliderbody using 2 buttons, but that pattern you show would be extremely uncomfortable to read and play, and is against the RC for a reason. the ranked maps that might appear to have that pattern are not on the same tick, usually they are 1/4 apart.
YyottaCat
No. Even if you can hit it the beatmap is still very bad if you do that. In AiMod I think that results in an error.
Zelzatter Zero
Most ranked maps you see mainly choose 3/4 sliders, or a full 4/4 slider but the circle this time is moved at least 1 tick to the right. And yes the sliderend is still counted as slider duration and therefore considered unrankable. Just because you can SS it doesn't mean it don't have a potential to cause autofail. If you actually see it on a Ranked map then that map is definitely Transform, which won the Aspire mapping contest in 2016.