forum

Techniques

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dracobuster
So I was watching some videos of _yu68 playing some maps and I decided to try to copy how he played. This didnt go so well as i tried to replicate it, but something just felt off. I analyzed the video and pushed my keyboard back a bit so I have somewhere to rest my arms. Thats when I found this way of playing that felt so automatic. It was like I didnt have to move my arms, it was just doing the work for me. It boosted my speed to the point where I wasnt straining to play 180 bpm patterns as much.

Anyways I want to know if there are any other techniques that do specific things that you may need for taiko. Like how in mania when you have super dense patters you may need to jitter click and whatnot.
Nikolai
idk bro
Raphalge
Assuming you're also using a kddk setup. Play spinners by alternating hitting kd on one hand and then kd on the other as if you're rolling your fingers inwards. This method is both faster and much less straining than doing it all one-handed or using one hand per color.

(using the default zxcv keybinds this would be zx-vc-zx-vc etc)
sealion1215
I don't really practise taiko seriously, I am just slowly improving while playing the songs I like. I first got used to the 3-note and 5-note patterns, then tried to break the larger groups (7, 9 or more) into several basic units. For me, the odd numbered groups are easier than the even numbered ones. However, I still have troubles dealing with fast pieces or a large stream of notes.