forum

[invalid] make old clients (2008-2014) able to connect to bancho again

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7
Topic Starter
wsxdrfvyhn
this would be a cool feature to add, i have lots of old osu! versions around my computer and it would be awesome to see their online functionality working again. basically, if you log in to those older clients described in the title, you would be able to open chat and chat with other players and your friends and you would be able to see online rankings and profile panels (or whatever they're called lol) but you wouldn't be able to submit scores at all, since in 2008-2010 there was no pp and in 2011-2014 (i think) there was ppv1, but osu currently uses ppv2. 2008-2010 clients do not really support pp but it would be simpler to just show score instead of pp on user panels. in 2011-2014 clients it would show your pp but again, no score submitting because ppv1. 2007 is left out because back in 2007 we didn't really have a bancho, all the online stuff it had was online rankings. also, multi wouldn't work, it would just throw one of those small popups at the bottom right corner saying that you are running an old version and you can't play multi. or if that means modifying the client itself you would get a PM from banchobot saying the same thing. tl;dr: make older osu! clients from 2008-2014 able to connect to bancho again but no score submission and multi at all.
Flanster
That's ultimately for peppy to decide. Though I wouldn't imagine that being a possibility since they were discontinued for a reason.
abraker
Those clients are deprecated and unsupported.