forum

Background dim is useless [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
VoidnOwO
Unless it also applies to song selection, breaks, and the start of a kiai time.

This thread will probably get locked like every other similar one, but before it does, could someone tell me why aren't we allowed to delete background images? All I found was that "peppy has been against it for years", which isn't really helping. Like mentioned in another thread, that "osu is angry" message really gets in the way if you're playing with hidden.

100% dim isn't really helping. It's a ranked map so I shouldn't even have to use a spoilerbox, but... Suggestive content blah blah
deadbeat
this doesn't sound like much of a feature request. wouldn't this be better suited for something like gameplay and ranking?
Topic Starter
VoidnOwO

deadbeat wrote:

this doesn't sound like much of a feature request. wouldn't this be better suited for something like gameplay and ranking?
I though about it, but it's not necessary. It seems like Peppy is never going to allow us to delete the BG image, so if someone knows for sure that BG dim can't be made to effect song selection, this thread can be marked as [invalid]

ton of edits
deadbeat
i don't really see the problem with dimming the background and i doubt the peppy will have any interest in changing his view on deleting backgrounds. personally, i think we're lucky enough to have it at all. cause you won't be able to delete backgrounds forever.

i'm just gonna lock this since there isn't really a need for discussion. however if someone wants to add something to this, send me a pm and i might unlock this for a short period of time
MillhioreF
Additionally, there's absolutely no need to have it dim at song select. If you think a background is inappropriate, delete the map or PM peppy with the map in question.