forum

Deleting backgrounds [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
heart_old_1
Hi,

I am quite new to the forums, so my apologies in advance if this ended up in the wrong section :( Didn't really know where to post it.

On topic: I am quite/severely colorblind, and when I deleted a background today due to even the Nexus skin giving me issues with seeing hitboxes and what not, osu gave me a pop-up message saying "deleting backgrounds makes osu ARGGGGGGGGGGGG" - something along that line.

Now, I am probably not the only one who suffers from color blindness (or if you want to be a nitpicker, color deaf for those who can see colors but have issues distinguishing them). Shouldn't it be possible to disable the background ingame rather than deleting them in the osu folder? I am asking this since dimming the background is never enough ...

Apologies for my bad English as well and thank you in advance for any help / replies.
silmarilen
complete the map once (put on DT and nofail and hit 1 note) and then you can dim the bg to 100% basically the same as deleting it.
Topic Starter
heart_old_1

silmarilen wrote:

complete the map once (put on DT and nofail and hit 1 note) and then you can dim the bg to 100% basically the same as deleting it.
thanks for your help ill see if it makes a huge difference or not!
deadbeat
peppy has been against deleting backgrounds for years. best thing is just to do what silmarilen said.