forum

osu! 2007 version sprites

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wsxdrfvyhn
hello there, where can i get the sprites and resources used for the 2007 version (specifically b99) of osu? i want to recreate the old osu default skin used in 2007 (not the newer old default skin). would be very useful if all those sprites came in PNG format in the right resolution. i tried using all sorts of programs to get all of those sprites but none ended up working, i guess peppy really made it extract-proof. thank you!
edit: not even resource hacker works, rip lol. cant find any program which works
-MeiChan
I have this, https://www.dropbox.com/s/39lypfyadf70fz3/templateskin.rar?dl=0
is the oldest I had.
Hope it help even if i think is not as hold as you want.
Full Tablet
You can use ILSpy or a similar program to extract the resource files. Audio files are either in wav format or mp3 format, while image files are in XNB format. I haven't had luck converting the XNB files into other formats either.
Topic Starter
wsxdrfvyhn
tysm Full Tablet!!! i first wanted to use a dll decompiler or visual studio but tht didnt end up working. i do have a tool to turn the XNBs into png files though! also thanks to -MeiChan. i have a few similar old 2009 default template skins but yours turned out to look the most autenthic! edit: i just used ILSpy on the osu.dll file, i found that osudata.ResourcesStore.resources thing and inside it were all the things i was looking for, but the problem is that they're not XNB files, they have no format at all... i tried saving it as a .resx file, opened it in visual studio but i still have the same problem