forum

Thoughts on a 10+ Minute Beatmap.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NexusGamingHQ
How does the community feel about long beatmaps? I've been thinking about giving mapping a try and just thought, 'these two songs would mix well together!'.

So now that the main question has been asked, here's an idea of what I would do below. Please feel free to critique and give suggestions.

Here's my thoughts. Multiple difficulties, likely from 4* to 7*. I'm not too sure yet, as I could also just do one difficulty. Would love to hear feedback on this!

Thoughts on the amount of breaks in the song? I'm honestly not too sure yet. I would love to see suggestions to what people would believe to be fair.

If anyone is curious about the songs I intend to mix together, here they are:
Radio Protector.
65 Doesn't Understand You.

These songs interested me mainly because they're both instrumental. There is a lot to digest with both songs, so the ideas have already begun to flow.

So, what do the members of the Osu! community think about a 10+ minute song? Would it be too long?
Zelzatter Zero
10+ min is too long? There's a ranked map with almost an hour long lol.

With this kind of song length, one difficulty is already considered rankable. Remember that drain time don't count breaks so don't put them too long or too much throughout the song.
Chiru-kun
short songs aren't my preference. long songs give me a good space for setup. so if i was willing to map a long map, then yeah sure
WitherMite
Personally the only time a marathon song turns me away is when its 30+ min long and even then I will still play even an hour long map If I feel up to it from time to time, pretty sure my first 6* pass was the alternator marathon and over on Quaver I made it through an hour marathon; the score didn't submit and my day was ruined.

Ask people in multis though and they will say 5 min is long and quit out, but thats different.
-White
10 minutes is too long, but not because people of the osu community hate it. It's too long because you're a new mapper. Spend a year mapping and ranking shorter stuff, then return to this idea when you won't have to remap the entire thing 20 times.