forum

Youtubers with mapping guides?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LavaMelon
Hi I've recently started getting into mapping and have been having a rough time trying to understand concepts and some technical things.

Are there any youtubers out there besides pishifat that post useful mapping tutorials? (not saying pishifat isnt helpful, his videos are amazing).
Asphiee
just keep mapping, that's the fastest way to understand what he's saying. you can just ask an eksperienced mapper on some things.
Chiru-kun
Good luck using it well~

Besides that, you're asking for Youtubers, but there aren't many...

The best I remember from my new mapper days is...
1. A Mo on various theory basics like flow and jumps, and some community issues (ppv2)
2. ProfessionalBox on slider creation (but its advanced Aspire level so idk for you about that)
3. Maybe some of verto's videos are good and fun (the ones clearly aimed at mapping, whther poking fun at or serious) but its not really a tutorial on how to map specifically, rather you should use it for background on mapping

There aren't really other memorable ones. You could probably look for mappers with Youtube accounts and post their mapping there.

Axarious
Sotarks
-Mo (A Mo's IGN, but idk if he posted anything like this)
pishifat (has an hour long video of himself mapping)

I don't know that many though hahaha
qwt
maybe I should be epic mapper youtuber
lewski

Reforms Expert wrote:

don't
qwt

lewski wrote:

Reforms Expert wrote:

don't
y
Shiyzo
mapping is like 90% subjective so making vids about it is pretty hard (but im sure you probably already figured that out, as pishi points it out quite a lot)
people can make mapping tutorials on basic stuff like how to use editor, shortcuts and some tools to your advatages.

everything about concepts, flows, movements, and so on and so on is mainly subjective and, well, you can't make a video on saying "yea so uhh here's how to do this & that concept and this is the only valid one and you should use"
just like Asphyre said, keep on mapping to understand better things like this.
i would also highly recommend looking up some mappers that influence you, maps that you enjoy playing. analyze those maps, ask yourself what is it about them that makes you enjoy playing them? look at it over and over until you figure out why the mapper has done certain things the way they did, and do the same on your map.
this is the safest way to quickly gain a style, which you will be developing over time as you map more.
modding and opening your own modding queue might also help you a ton, as looking at all kinds of maps and not only ranked will make you realize for some things you shouldn't do, and give you new ideas and concepts for your own maps because you would be discovering more people and more maps.
i hope this helped. good luck on your mapping journey! 'tis truly a long one, but absolutely worth experiencing! :)
Jushy
Pishifat's may not be direct guides (some of his older stuff are) but they do contain a lot of information about mapping but don't take his or anyone's word as gospel because at the end of the day it's your maps so don't let huge influences pressure you and your mapping decisions.
Chiru-kun

Reforms Expert wrote:

pls
Gsun
Seriously, if you go to the staff listing in this site and look up the Osu! Academy "Professor" (that's his moniker, really), in that listing and then go to his profile, you should see a grid of a bunch of easy-to-understand videos that will detail a LOT of things you should know about the basics of the mapping process. It's almost like "Osu! Mapping for Dummies" with all of those vids. He's THAT great at explaining things, maybe even better than Pishifat, though they're both great! (Plus he has 74 RANKED maps in his profile, that's a lot of experience!)
[[[[[[
necro momment
Stomiks
Hey at least it's pretty informative
Kiwahara
Who is this Glorious guy?
He keeps bumping old threads from nowhere
lewski
Plus he has 74 RANKED maps in his profile
: )
Sies
no necro please ):