forum

Reasources to learn intricates of red hyperfruit

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZachStarAttack
Thanks for giving me the time of day. I hate not knowing stuff. I religiously look up tech for my favorite fighting game (Super Smash Bros Melee.). All the complicated stuff that takes hours to explain. However, when these little red buggers go ahead and accelerate me. I want to know what's going on. I mean, just today I found out they were auto-generated? Anwyay, so I want to know, how long does it increase dash speed for. Does it work going backwards after the dash, does it need to be caught while dashing? Can I stop and then start dashing again? Does the speed of the dash change depending on how insanely far the next fruit is? Like, I want to know the nitty gritty. thank you
JBHyperion
A hyperdash (red fruit) will be generated automatically when the next fruit cannot be caught by normal dashing, and it will speed you up enough to ensure that you reach the next note as long as you keep holding dash. If the distance between two objects is bigger, the hyperdash will be stronger, and your catcher will move faster.

By "going backwards" I assume you mean changing direction after catching the distant fruit? This may also be a new hyperdash (in which case the next fruit will also be red), but it doesn't have to be. The hyperdash effect ends when you reach the next object (or register as missing it).

You can find a little bit more information on hyperdashes and other osu!catch mechanics in the osu!catch game mode wiki article.
Topic Starter
ZachStarAttack

JBHyperion wrote:

A hyperdash (red fruit) will be generated automatically when the next fruit cannot be caught by normal dashing, and it will speed you up enough to ensure that you reach the next note as long as you keep holding dash. If the distance between two objects is bigger, the hyperdash will be stronger, and your catcher will move faster.

By "going backwards" I assume you mean changing direction after catching the distant fruit? This may also be a new hyperdash (in which case the next fruit will also be red), but it doesn't have to be. The hyperdash effect ends when you reach the next object (or register as missing it).

You can find a little bit more information on hyperdashes and other osu!catch mechanics in the osu!catch game mode wiki article.
Thanks. Stuff like that is what I'm looking for. I really love to know these things. I was wondering how much the hyper dash sped up differently.