forum

Custom Volume for Hitsounds [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
Sometimes there is maps which the hitsounds are too low or too high and that may affect the gameplay of some players. My request is to make a custom volume so it would be possible to change the hitsounds volume so it could fit the player ears, as some may enjoy them lowder or smoother.

This volume setting would affect all the inherited timing section lines in the specific map, making it possilbe to reduce it's volume or raising it percentage based.

An example of map which has extremely low hitsounds (for me at least): http://osu.ppy.sh/b/125660

The custom volume will change the percentage of all the hitsounds in an equal amount:

Lower:
5% > 5%
30% > 20%
100% > 90%

Higher:
5% > 15%
30% > 40%
100% > 100%

The volume bar would be at the Visual Settings, since it would be specific to each map.
blissfulyoshi
I guess my first questions is what is wrong with the effect volume slider? Do you want to separate hitsounds form the rest of the things it affects?

As for your second possibility, I am pretty sure most mappers will be against you breaking their hitsound compositions, so I don't support making all volumes equal.
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
As we have discussed in-game it's not all maps, it's some specific maps which have low hitsounds.

Random idea, but yeah.

Also updated main post.
Saten
Would really be helpful in certain occasions

p/1780841
MMzz