forum

[resolved] Local replays not showing up in osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Atem2069
Problem details:
Pretty recently, my local replays have stopped showing up in game. The performance box is completely empty, and there's no "replay" button - though all my replays are still in the "Data\r" directory. I've tried running a script to open each replay (they're still being saved and I can see my most recent replays in there), however even after doing so the replays are still not showing up in-game. Not really sure what's happening here.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
ss/15375009/b474

osu! version: Stable 20200811.2 (latest)
TicClick
two questions that immediately jump to my mind:
- the replays may be empty and occupy just a few dozens of bytes -- does the size of every replay you're unable to watch exceed, say, a kilobyte?
- if yes, then what happens if you move a replay out of the Data/r folder and attempt to open it via osu!? is it loaded without erros showing up in the bottom right corner of osu! window, and is "Replay" button available in this case?
Topic Starter
Atem2069
The most recent replays inside of the Data/r folder do seem to work and play correctly - I'm at a bit of a loss though, because some of my recent plays won't show up in my local scores inside osu at all, and some randomly work completely fine; seems like a bit of a gamble which replays will show up, and which won't
TicClick
yes, but what about these that don't open? are you able to 1) answer the questions I posted above, and 2) set a score on one of beatmaps with inaccessible replays to compare two of them afterwards (at least the file size part)?
Topic Starter
Atem2069
1) Yes, every replay in the folder that I've checked is anywhere from 40-150KB, including the replay associated with the play in the original screenshot - which is 68KB with an associated 31KB 'OSG' file. These replays work completely fine when I open them in osu.

2) After setting another score on the map, the replay size is still within the ballpark of the last replay, one being 64KB.

The replays themselves in the folder open and work completely fine - I can watch them from start to end and there's pretty much zero issues. They just aren't coming up when I view a score thru osu itself.

i.e. for the original score I posted, I can check it in osu (click on the song, go to my local scores and click on that score) and the "replay" button doesn't show up; pressing F2 gives me a completely blank replay file - but I can see that a replay was saved in the Data/r folder at the exact same time I played the map, and that replay file works completely fine.
TicClick
my competence ends here *shrug*
for whoever responds next, I want to highlight this bit, as I once had the same kind of issues:
The replays themselves in the folder open and work completely fine - I can watch them from start to end and there's pretty much zero issues. They just aren't coming up when I view a score thru osu itself.
Death
Removing the scores.db file from your osu! folder should in theory cause it to be recreated using all of your replays in Data/r, meaning they will have replays associated with them.

I would try doing that. Just make sure you have the game closed while doing so and backup the file just in case.
Topic Starter
Atem2069

Death wrote:

Removing the scores.db file from your osu! folder should in theory cause it to be recreated using all of your replays in Data/r, meaning they will have replays associated with them.

I would try doing that. Just make sure you have the game closed while doing so and backup the file just in case.
I'm pretty sure that seems to have done it, left the game on the song selection screen for about a minute and I seem to be able to play previously inaccessible replays. Cheers!
SirDaquavionJr
i cant find the scores.db file, and the problem for me is ingame on my profile it has all my stats, but on the website it doesnt, and imm not gaining any ranked score while doing ranked maps?
CuddleGamerYt24
some of my old scores from 2022 i cant review anyfix?