forum

[added] Repurpose bubble icon in Tech Support

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I've had this idea for awhile now. I think it would be helpful to the forum moderators if we could mark threads that are considered "Solution" threads in the resolved forum, so that we can refer to these threads instead of repeating the same information over and over. I'm not sure whether these threads should be stickied in the resolved section or not. Perhaps we could just be able to filter marked threads rather than having them stickied.

General Thoughts

Instead of using the original thread, with the user's issue. We can either overwrite the original issue with a more clear version that has proper keywords in it, and then post known solutions in the thread's content or we could create a new solution thread with such data. Either way, the thread would be tagged for easy reference or we could use the mark filter.

Why not use the common Issues thread?

Too much information to convey in one thread. It will be less convenient to have a user search through a wall of unrelated information than if each thread was isolated into it's own topic. We can also use keywords to find the information better. We as forum moderators can more easily find information. It will be easier to manage as well.

Feedback

Always welcome to lend your opinion. 8-)
deadbeat

TheVileOne wrote:

I've had this idea for awhile now. I think it would be helpful to the forum moderators if we could mark threads that are considered "Solution" threads in the resolved forum, so that we can refer to these threads instead of repeating the same information over and over. I'm not sure whether these threads should be stickied in the resolved section or not. Perhaps we could just be able to filter marked threads rather than having them stickied.
would save more of these kinds of threads xD
be good to be able to find "solution" threads fast :3