forum

[Edit suggest] Sliders combine system

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +14
Topic Starter
Asgard
Newbie mappers aren't easily making good sliders which like this

So I suggest new Edit System of slider combine

Example
First slider + Second slider = just one slider

how to make this slider(this is a just example)

1. please locate two sliders whose you want shape

2. End of First slider and start of Second slider are correctly stacked

3. Two sliders are located on same time line

4. Press '(any keys or menu)', so it will be combined

Dear Program developer

Despite very hard work, many mappers who can't make wonderful sliders are comfortable

Thanks for reading my mind
Soaprman
This would effectively be the same as using a red point where the sliders meet. That said, it's not a bad idea... just know that sliders made this way might look slightly uglier. :P

Here's an example. This is either the map your example came from or something really close to it.

Suppose you do recreate half of the slider, then paste, rotate 180°, and stack them...

Then joining them would look like this:

There is that little bump in the middle. Red points tend to do that for shapes like this. There are people who will be driven mad by an imperfection like this, trust me. But a lot of the time it should be fine, I think.

I did that join in Notepad, by the way.

Asgard wrote:

Thanks for reading my mind
Best of machine translation 2012
TheVileOne
Delete the red point, problem solved. Actually problem not solved, you can't use the new slider algorithm with a red point at the end because a red point counts as two points. Any point would do. It doesn't need to be a red point. Actually that will also cause problems because merging a slider made with one algorithm with a different algorithm or two three point algorithms would require a third separate algorithm, because the three point sliders only count for 3 points and combining one or more of them would be more than 3 points and so the shape wouldn't logically make sense to the bezier formula.

The only way this would work if there was at least 3 points in the slider unless peppy/mm devises a bezier to new slider algorithm, and opposite converter.
Soaprman
No, deleting the red point changes the slider shape dramatically.

But yeah, this definitely wouldn't work with the three-point circlesliders without some bigger modifications. Trying to merge one of those using this wouldn't work so nicely.

Also, I'd guess the red point = two points thing is probably an implementation technique for .osu-friendliness rather than an actual feature of the bezier algorithm (might be wrong though, I don't know much about bezier curves). Remember that you can make a red point by dragging a white point onto another white point, too.
theowest
suggested and denied/disliked before.

I would find it useful though.
mm201
This is planned already, along with splitting sliders.
(I already know the math to shorten a bezier.)