David Bergeaud - Joraal Nebula - Leviathan [Taiko|Osu|CatchT

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun

OnosakiHito wrote:

[General]

I do believe that the offset is a bit off. Please try something about +14. Should work better?

[ Futsuu]
SPOILER
Notes

00:19:282~00:22:162 - Maybe use the same patterns as you did at 00:15:442 for consistency. I expected this pattern at first. Done, and sounds better there
00:23:122~00:45:202 - Try to have some more noticeable system for the 1/2 beats? 00:29:842 (45,46,47) - I can imagine that you mapped these because of this sounding in the background, but dunno what about the other 1/2 patterns. The wooshing sound isn't much a reason.I preferred taking them out. I preferred making the patterns a bit like what you pointed out below.
00:46:162 - Yes, here you use the 1/2 in a more reasonable way. At least I didn't saw the reason before.
01:04:402 (96) - Suggesting to delete the note. This part is tuned down with its sounds, so you could do it as well by using now 4/1 spacing.
01:12:082 (106) - ^
Both deleted, builds more tension now.
01:50:962 (155) - Moving this note to 01:50:002 seems to sound better. Kat at 01:50:482 would be more emphasized as "last note" in this pattern, due to the high pitch. Done, and done. (Zurkon yo)
01:57:682 - Adding note for consistency to previous part? Done

Isn't it nice to mod maps which are totally fine? lol
Just one thing: Maybe here and there some 4/1 breaks? Yep, the song it-self has a low BPM, but overall it feels like on pattern because you play all notes in one row (as 1/1). You might want to consider this. I won't force you.
Nice Futsuu.

[ Oni]
SPOILER
Notes

00:30:922 (79) - Recommending to delete this note. You used it because of the stretched hipigh-pitch... or? I might be wrong. But even so this pattern comes kinda suddenly and stands alone. Feeling while playing this becomes a bit distorted. I don't know why I left that in first place (might be a small reference to the 1/4 sliders @Hard diff)
00:45:082 (115) - ^ ^
01:17:242 (196) - Moving this to 01:17:122 sounds better due to the high pitch.
01:19:042~01:20:722 How about this pattern: http://puu.sh/4BCQc.jpg ? Even though before the pattern was mapped to a descending sound (listen closely) I like this a bit more.
01:21:682 (216,217,218) - k dk sounds better to me. Follows the pattern of the kats. Why not
01:22:642 (220,221,222) - ^ ? ^
01:24:922 (232) - Move to 01:24:802. I preferred adding a note, instead.
01:25:522 (235) - kat because of high pitch. The bellish thing ? Oh sure
01:26:482~01:28:402 - How about this: http://puu.sh/4BD3q.jpg ? Same.
01:28:762 (250) - Move to 01:28:642. (I won't recall them anymore down below)
01:29:962 (255,256) - kk seems to fit better here.
01:30:322 (257) - K ? I'd rather keep all big notes dons since it's the same sound all over again.
01:33:802~01:35:842 - http://puu.sh/4BDew.jpg ? Sounds better in my opinion. Or something similar. Since this part is mapped to the descending sound, I left it mapped with the instrument but made the pattern in the same fashion.
01:37:642 (291) - Maybe have at 01:37:762 another kat. When I played it I missed because I was really confused. Done

In general nice Oni, but the kiai's kat constellation has suffered of quality, if you ask me. I can imagine that you followed certain sounds in the song, but I think you shouldn't do that and follow more the main high pitch sound. Works better in this way.

For the first time after a month I'm happy to mod a map because, this one was pretty decent mapped(without looking at the Oni's kiai) so I had not much to say here. Gezo, you grow up. 8-) You make me proud. :(

Call me back after you fixed some stuff.
Some
more like almost all LOL
OnosakiHito
Little recheck:

[Futsuu]

00:33:562 (53) - Move to 00:33:682 . Comes out of the sudden and is placed on an odd stanza. 00:41:242 - Is better but should be moved as well, since you have no similar patterns afterwards in this section.

[Oni]

01:35:602 (289) - Move to 01:35:722 ? Sounds a bit strange right now. Doesn't follow the song so good.
01:37:762 (299) - don might be better. Not sure though.
01:43:282 (329) - Move to 01:43:402 ? Sounds a bit strange right now. Doesn't follow the song so good.
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun

OnosakiHito wrote:

Little recheck:

[Futsuu]

00:33:562 (53) - Move to 00:33:682 . Comes out of the sudden and is placed on an odd stanza. 00:41:242 - Is better but should be moved as well, since you have no similar patterns afterwards in this section.
As it was an experimental pattern, leaving 1/1 was a solution that could be used if anyone disagreed with .75-beats

[Oni]

01:35:602 (289) - Move to 01:35:722 ? Sounds a bit strange right now. Doesn't follow the song so good. I have changed the pattern as a consequence, I can't feel dkkd kd as right. dkkdk k d was better for a dkkdx structure..
01:37:762 (299) - don might be better. Not sure though. Funny how this contradicts your previous mod. :P
01:43:282 (329) - Move to 01:43:402 ? Sounds a bit strange right now. Doesn't follow the song so good. Changed. However, this didn't change much the pattern as kddk sounds right.
Side changes: Added a don at 01:36:322 (292) - unblanking the pattern.
OnosakiHito
K, let's give it a try.

Ctb approval: p/2502699
Secretpipe
Gratz~
Now , teach me how to play Taiko ! *runs far away*
Sey
omfg go 4 rank, gezo
Krah

Sey wrote:

omfg go 4 rank, gezo
o!m bat where are you :?
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
>o!m bat
>4K
lel.
Secretpipe
Where do you want to find a o!m Bat 4k ? :D
I can help you but i'm not a Bat and i don't know how to mod :o
Sey

Secretpipe wrote:

Then how can you help?

Especially an o!m BAT has to learn to face with new competitions someday. One of those is 4K.
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun

Secretpipe wrote:

Where do you want to find a o!m Bat 4k ? :D
je t'ai fait tester la map, tu peux bien dire ce qui va et ce qui va pas x_x

Sey wrote:

Secretpipe wrote:

Then how can you help?

Especially an o!m BAT has to learn to face with new competitions someday. One of those is 4K.
Only woc has the ability to check thoroughly and understand how a diff was made, in 4K. There are far more 4K mappers than BAT are representing, how shameful.
Aurele
wcx19911123
sorry for the huge delay

[General]
hitsound is a bit loud imo, especially the finishes in kiai

[Hard]
01:00:802 (5,1) - this can blanket better

no much to say, but I think the Hard diff plays not that good, cuz you didn't put circles or slider heads on the heavy beats, slider ends and repeats aren't that fit the heavy beats imo
also, you can try to make some harder diffs in your future maps
well, feel free to call me back then
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun

wcx19911123 wrote:

sorry for the huge delay

[General]
hitsound is a bit loud imo, especially the finishes in kiai
Will work this but I can't guarantee.
[Hard]
01:00:802 (5,1) - this can blanket better Fixed

no much to say, but I think the Hard diff plays not that good, cuz you didn't put circles or slider heads on the heavy beats, slider ends and repeats aren't that fit the heavy beats imo I'm quite a slider-based mapper, I rely on hitsounding to make something sound nice. After all, this map is supposed to be relaxing !
also, you can try to make some harder diffs in your future maps I know I should do this, but I am not feeling this at all if you want my opinion. I, at first, wanted to make the map relaxing to play (hence the lack of difficulty-based mapping in the Hard diff) for a song that wouldn't need much difficulty. That's not the best song to make an Insane on, the actual only part that would make it want an Insane would be the kiai time.
well, feel free to call me back then
Thanks for modding!
well that was why I dreamed about being BAT, your mod ? LOL
wcx19911123
fine then, all modes are ready now
bubbled
Umi
Yes! Go gezo >3</
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
HAAAAAAAAAA IT'S HAPPENING !!

Thanks, wcx19911122.999999999999999999999999999999999
Totoro le Pacha
RAAAAAAAAAH Il m'a dépassé ! Raclure de fond de bidet ! C'est juste parce qu'on a reçu des mods foireux qu'on doit tout recommencer. Fu hein

Mais GG sinon, continue ! o/
[Luanny]
one step closer congr8s
Sey
Yay, now find a BAT to finally rank this! :)
Happy 700th post
Haganeproductio
Yes, more R&C maps to osu! You've done great job with this mapset C: I really enjoy it. The skin is very nice. It would be nice if you added R&C combobursts to make it even more R&C-ish! Anyway, I hope this gets soon approved and ranked ^u^
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
I made it very simple for this. However, first the spinner isn't totally fitting the game it is from since it's no other than the Lacerator rofl
I will work on more elements and even a skin once I'm done
Sey
Find a BAT :(
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
I don't want to spoil you
Roxas
mania diffs ded
[Emiria]

Roxas wrote:

mania diffs ded
Sey

victorica_db wrote:

Roxas wrote:

mania diffs ded
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
stop :(>w<):

edit: starting to be tired of this shit already.
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
nefarious i'm tired of your shit it's been 50 times

self-popped, due to skin fixes.
also, note glitch on the ctb diff, wait before a rebub.
Sey
Give me the part again and I check if it's really a glitch or intended.
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
00:30:082 (3,1) -
Sey

_Gezo_ wrote:

00:30:082 (3,1) -
That slider is okay and doesn't need to end earlier. I listened to that background voice that you hear properly with 25% playback rate.
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
The problem is; the end of 3 and 1 are on the same tick, which is a problem here (even though in gameplay it wouldn't disrupt your combo since same X place) but... same tick objects are unrankable in CTB iirc

I might be wrong though
Sey
Ah okay, haven't seen that.
Please delete circle 1 and upload the file properly again. Also give the end of the slider a finish-hitsound instead, please.
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
Fixed. Now to harass poke wcx for a rebubble.
Garven
Locked as requested.
Aurele
and it's back!
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
Sey, look at this
Sey
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
Now, to ... FINALLY RANK THAT.
show more