forum

[resolved] Allow Choosing Game Display Monitor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +107
Topic Starter
Starz0r
Ever since I got my new monitor I've been wanting to play osu! on it. I've searched options and there is no choice for what monitor it displays on. This would be a really nice feature so I can change monitor set ups. For anyone really.
Marcin
Just set your monitor, on which you want to have osu! as main, and it should be there (probably).
RBRat3
set osu! to windowed mode lower than the screen res so you can get a title bar, Move the window to the second monitor then alt+enter to enter fullscreen. After you exit osu on that screen it will continue to open on that screen till you move it again.
Topic Starter
Starz0r

RBRat3 wrote:

set osu! to windowed mode lower than the screen res so you can get a title bar, Move the window to the second monitor then alt+enter to enter fullscreen. After you exit osu on that screen it will continue to open on that screen till you move it again.
Problem is my tablet won't reach over there.
MieraK
Start osu! and press "Shift + Windows key + left/right arrow key". This combination swaps windows between monitors and works with fullscreen osu! aswell.
As for the tablet issue, you can set your area to either of your monitors in settings. If you are using bamboo its under "mapping" section of pen mode.
Topic Starter
Starz0r

MieraK wrote:

Start osu! and press "Shift + Windows key + left/right arrow key". This combination swaps windows between monitors and works with fullscreen osu! aswell.
As for the tablet issue, you can set your area to either of your monitors in settings. If you are using bamboo its under "mapping" section of pen mode.
Oh thanks that worked :D. I still want this feature to be added though.
Drafura
The way OSes handle this is pretty good I don't think this is really needed to be a built in feature.
TheVileOne
This seems unnecessary. How many people would actually use this?
theowest
You can already do so with your tablet preferences. Just move the window if you don't like where it is.
helion
In your osu!.<username>.cfg file, there's a line "Display = <number>". The number is the number of the screen osu! will start on.
theowest

helion wrote:

In your osu!.<username>.cfg file, there's a line "Display = <number>". The number is the number of the screen osu! will start on.
interesting, a quick-access to this shouldn't be very hard to add after all.
Topic Starter
Starz0r
Bump because of the above post.
Crimson Lacryma

helion wrote:

This doesn't seem to work at the moment, though.

Edit: Now working. Quick ppy is quick
deadbeat
i'll just resolve this then :3
pawpads
i'm still having problems with this!! i launch osu! in fullscreen borderless and it still always moves to the smaller resolution monitor i DON'T want it to start on... my main display. I want my main display to stay the same, so i receive desktop notificatios from skype and discord, but osu! seems to make this impossible. I tried manually changing the cfg file and not much is working... please help.

EDIT: to update, i DO have osu! working. it seems Cutting Edge will only run on main display monitor...
Nathanael
Consider creating a thread in Help forum than bumping old, completed requests.