forum

what is tv size mapping like?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chiru-kun
not how to map. i want to know the experience of mapping tv size.

when i decided to really start mapping, for my own reasons i turned to have a bias for full-length songs in my mapping.
whats tv size mapping like? tiring to map low diffs? stale? and what thought process goes into mapping tv size at all? just to have a ranked set of your favorite song, for instance? is it like that? is it easier than mapping full length? pros and cons as a (veteran) mapper? since obivously for new mappers short songs are better. for, say, season wars? just to make a map for the sake of mapping? whats the motivation?
Dialect
it's literally mapping a full size song but if you didn't finish it

and fuck mapping current season anime (except cop craft i would've mapped it when it was in season)
Topic Starter
Chiru-kun

Li Syaoran wrote:

and fuck mapping current season anime (except cop craft i would've mapped it when it was in season)
unmei nante ienai
Asphiee
Serious answers from a seriously lazy mapper:

1.) 2Lazy2Map
2.) No motivation to map full versions, every 10 seconds you press Esc then idle (just distracted with no reason).
3.) TV Size takes short time to finish. How fast lazy mappers like me finishes a TV Size? Deym, you'll be shocked--1 WEEK!.
4.) Test feature is laggy. Whenever I completed a whole section, I always get out from the editor and testplay it, so considering that cycle, you will get tired doing it which leads to mental exhaustion. Imagine, doing that when you map a full version.
5.) You can make solo set quickly <3.
6.) TV Size are just the best. Some songs doesn't sound good when you play the full version.
Uniform
low diffs are easy smh.
Zelzatter Zero

Uniform wrote:

low diffs are easy smh.
^, they took like, a min to finish all of them
Topic Starter
Chiru-kun

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Uniform wrote:

low diffs are easy smh.
^, they took like, a min to finish all of them
lol i think i think too much about low diffs then
Vincent1370
Well speaking from experience, I exclusively map full length songs, because TV size feels...incomplete.

On average I take 3-4 days to finish a song. (Which I rarely take any breaks)
Topic Starter
Chiru-kun
i assume that full-length song mappers map non-sourced songs. songs purely as songs. i think that sourced songs feel better as tv size songs, while non-sourced songs are better experienced as the original, at full length. what do you think?
Nao Tomori
if there is a good guitar solo i would map full size otherwise tv size is better since usually full is just copy pasted tv size 3x with 1 unique part after 2nd chorus
Adinda

Nao Tomori wrote:

if there is a good guitar solo i would map full size otherwise tv size is better since usually full is just copy pasted tv size 3x with 1 unique part after 2nd chorus
totally agree,i map full ver sometimes bcs guitar solo is just too epic.
Asphiee
(... why am i the only one who feels like copy pasting is like an issue?) Maybe that explains why they could map quickly even in full size.

I see I see, *nods nods
Topic Starter
Chiru-kun

Nao Tomori wrote:

i see... copy paste is something i use too, but i think i treat it as a form of map nostalgia. having that as the mindset might make different results..?
Asphiee

renzthegreat wrote:

Nao Tomori wrote:

i see... copy paste is something i use too, but i think i treat it as a form of map nostalgia. having that as the mindset might make different results..?
hmmm i see, i kinda get what what you're saying. maybe if i remove the 'no-copypaste' mindset, maybe ill be motivated to map more full version. Right now, i'm working on a full version map and i really hope it turns out good. i'll hire you to be my 2nd quality checker after the host lmao
Nao Tomori
i mean the song is literally copy pasted not the map. i dont copy paste like that in my maps obviously.
Topic Starter
Chiru-kun

Nao Tomori wrote:

i mean the song is literally copy pasted not the map. i dont copy paste like that in my maps obviously.
surely. and not all copied song sections bring nostalgia