forum

AR Mods [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Starz0r
I think this will replace some of the functionality of HardRock but what ever. My idea is that we don't split HardRock in to separate mods(Because peppy isn't gonna do it anyway) and have a AR mod. It functions like the K mod. It goes from AR1 to AR10. Here is a example on how it will work:

Player chooses AR9 mod on AR10 map, Score Multiplier goes down by 0.10x. So each time you change the AR to a lower on a high AR map then your multiplier will go down by 0.10x each time. If you change the AR higher on a low AR map then the multiplier goes up by 0.10x each time.

What do you guys think? What do you think might need to be added for it to be more balanced?
Bites

Starz0r wrote:

I think this will replace some of the functionality of HardRock but what ever. My idea is that we don't split HardRock in to separate mods(Because peppy isn't gonna do it anyway) and have a AR mod. It functions like the K mod. It goes from AR1 to AR10. Here is a example on how it will work:

Player chooses AR9 mod on AR10 map, Score Multiplier goes down by 0.10x. So each time you change the AR to a lower on a high AR map then your multiplier will go down by 0.10x each time. If you change the AR higher on a low AR map then the multiplier goes up by 0.10x each time.

What do you guys think? What do you think might need to be added for it to be more balanced?
Lower to higher AR is usually for the purpose of making a map easier to read - it should either be no score change or a 0.9x mod if you increase AR. And I doubt anyone is going to actually put the AR more than two levels down - so I think it should just be for any lower AR to put 0.9x.

Also, disable the mod when HR or DT is activated. The reason you don't ever see HR DT's is because the AR is usually higher than 10 and makes it impossible to read.
blissfulyoshi
Basically duplicate of t/52873/start=0
(Ended with probably will happen when easy mod is customizable)
benguin
This likely isn't going to be implemented until we reach some type of conclusion regarding if user-definable AR should be allowed or not.