forum

I need help finding the right timing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
trollblack
since there are no ranked nor loved mapsets of this particular song and by looking at every other graveyarded/pending mapset i can see a bunch of timelines that i'm actually really confused of the actual timing of the song. can someone help me out?

map:https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1219042#osu/2536274
Zelzatter Zero
Ah, please don't. Don't time this song by yourself. Seriously.

If you already saw the timing on both this map and this map, you will be able know that those mappers in both of them are all experienced, yet the timing is still wacky like that, which means all red lines aren't there for nothing. The BPM in this song is really, really inconsistent, and inconsistent BPMs are the haunting nighmare to every mappers, including experienced ones.

Honestly, just copy the timing.
Topic Starter
trollblack

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Ah, please don't. Don't time this song by yourself. Seriously.

If you already saw the timing on both this map and this map, you will be able know that those mappers in both of them are all experienced, yet the timing is still wacky like that, which means all red lines aren't there for nothing. The BPM in this song is really, really inconsistent, and inconsistent BPMs are the haunting nighmare to every mappers, including experienced ones.

Honestly, just copy the timing.
well that's a way to time but as you can see both these songs are tv size so i can copy the timing until both songs aren't in sync anymore, plus i still dont understnad how you can manually time every single 2-4 seconds of this map, is there anyway to actually do this even if it takes time? i really like this song and i think someone should try to rank it.
Chiru-kun
there is one way which i have seen thrown around. the technique is to set the first beat as 3750bpm and set the snapping to 1/16. this allows you to capture every single millisecond possible (which is what osu supports). afterwards, you would look at the .wav file of the song mp3 to determine the exact miillisecond which you want to map (a beat will be the peak of a certain sound, and the .wav editor automatically shows the timestamp).

i dont remember the rest but i figure it goes like the normal method from there.

put a red line on next beat
change first beat to bpm where its line hits the next beat with according bpm and snap (if it was 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, etc.)
rinse and repeat.

nevertheless, this process is also tiring. for the linked songs, they sound very loud. i doubt you would get any differentiation between a passive and an active sound. i doubt you will see any distinguisahble peaks in the .wav file.

you may think it is worth mapping, but are others willing to take time for it? if you do think so, push for it yourself. even looking for others, if they desire so, to do it with is part of pushing for it.
Topic Starter
trollblack

renzthegreat wrote:

there is one way which i have seen thrown around. the technique is to set the first beat as 3750bpm and set the snapping to 1/16. this allows you to capture every single millisecond possible (which is what osu supports). afterwards, you would look at the .wav file of the song mp3 to determine the exact miillisecond which you want to map (a beat will be the peak of a certain sound, and the .wav editor automatically shows the timestamp).

i dont remember the rest but i figure it goes like the normal method from there.

put a red line on next beat
change first beat to bpm where its line hits the next beat with according bpm and snap (if it was 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, etc.)
rinse and repeat.

nevertheless, this process is also tiring. for the linked songs, they sound very loud. i doubt you would get any differentiation between a passive and an active sound. i doubt you will see any distinguisahble peaks in the .wav file.

you may think it is worth mapping, but are others willing to take time for it? if you do think so, push for it yourself. even looking for others, if they desire so, to do it with is part of pushing for it.
well if that's the only way than there's my motivation for mappign this xd