forum

Nobuo Uematsu - The Dreadful Fight (Normal Fixed again)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
looks like no one's even going to comment until they can pass it...I should finish Normal mode...
awp
I know the feeling. Hopefully I be gettin' back to this later today, though.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Okay, thanks, I'll be working on Normal mode until then.
awp
H'okay, ran through it, and it was fun. But I don't think it's quite good to go yet.

The sliders at 27:40 and 28:11 end a quarter-beat too early.

There's a slider at 47:14 that comes in a quarter-beat late; I think it sounds a lot better if it comes in on the half beat and ends on the whole.

The whole four-note section starting at 1:25:89 is a quarter-beat early. Same goes for the section starting at 1:28:64

This was probably your intention and was overlooked via an autosnap; that's my guess.

'Tachin' ma osu!

Haven't looked at Normal; FORGIVE MEEEEEEE

Oh, almost forgot to mention: maybe it's just me, but I find the whistle/finish sounds effects to be a LITTLE over the top.

It could just be the skin I'm using, as the Whistle and Finish notes are a lot more pronounced on it.

Download: Nobuo Uematsu - The Dreadful Fight (Cecilthemos) [Hard].osu
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos

awp wrote:

H'okay, ran through it, and it was fun. But I don't think it's quite good to go yet.

The sliders at 27:40 and 28:11 end a quarter-beat too early.

There's a slider at 47:14 that comes in a quarter-beat late; I think it sounds a lot better if it comes in on the half beat and ends on the whole.

The whole four-note section starting at 1:25:89 is a quarter-beat early. Same goes for the section starting at 1:28:64

This was probably your intention and was overlooked via an autosnap; that's my guess.

'Tachin' ma osu!

Haven't looked at Normal; FORGIVE MEEEEEEE

Oh, almost forgot to mention: maybe it's just me, but I find the whistle/finish sounds effects to be a LITTLE over the top.

It could just be the skin I'm using, as the Whistle and Finish notes are a lot more pronounced on it.
Okay, I'm about to go fix those slider issues, I'm glad you had fun, before making this one, I realized that my maps were really boring, so I tried to make this one fun.
Also, I try to make the sounds go with the song, and it doesn't feel over the top to me, but lets see what others think.
awp
I attached an osu with those corrections in place

but whatever floats your boat, man @_@
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Wow...I seriously didn't even notice that...
awp
Might want to cut back on the Gyshal Greens, dood.

In fact you better give them to me. For safe keeping, you see.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
I don't know if that's such a smart idea...
These things did cost a lot of money, and the guy said if I used them I could ride these giant chicken things...
awp
In before page two.

Gave normal a spin while you're adjusting Hard. It's good for the most part, but there's a few spots where the timing's confusing. All I can really say is, try to make it more apparent whether we're on whole-beats or half-beats. (or as the case may be, half notes or quarter notes). Also, the hitobjects feel just a bit too large for my liking, but that's not my call.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Working on a huge essay, I'll be sure to make the timing in Normal more consistent after I finish...if I'm not able to get it done tonight, it'll be done after I get home tomorrow.
awp
Normal's pretty damned fixed. There's ONE thing I don't like about it though. At 51:50 you have a triplet, but at 52:59 you have only two notes. Where'd that other note go, dood? Still, pretty good work. Some of the shorter breaks seem like they'd be better off filled with a few notes though.

Also, the combo at 1:10:76 needs a bit of revising I think. It feels a bit awkward with the note placement (not spacing, but timing and usage).
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
Yeah, I tend to put too many in as well.
awp
Daaaaaaaaamn all these minute things:

The repeat slider at 35:98 should be coming in a quarter beat early at 35:89. Minute difference, but it's audible.

Moved the green combo atarting at 1 minute 85 to 76. Or did it start at 58? Either way, it didn't feel like it was timed right to me.

Moved the first two notes of the new timing section at 1:20:37 (or so, I can't mousewheel onto that tick for some reason) back a quarter beat to 1:20:30

Moved the two notes at 1:12:39 back a quarter note to 1:12:30.

Moved the four-note combo at 1:15:69 a halfbeat to 1:15:86.

At 1:35:48 switched hitcircles 3 and 4 around for consistency's sake.

Here ya go, osu...

Download: Nobuo Uematsu - The Dreadful Fight (Cecilthemos) [Normal].osu
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
You just can't notice everything in one playthrough, can you?
awp
No.

I'm quite inconvenient like that. I think before, I was just doing an overview and finding major discrepencies, and this time I was like "okay time to nit-pick the hell out of this"
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
So, do you approve of this new version?
awp
Okay assuming you're talking about the .osu I attached and not the version I have after clicking "Update this beatmap to latest" then yes I approve. Stick that osu in and reupload and it gets a bubble awaiting ranking. You might as well bubble it yourself (on by behalf, of course) after the re-upload to hasten the ranking process.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Uploaded new version
Extor
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
oblivionator
brings back memories lol...
peppy
Unranked (due to timing and slider errors)
Yoichi Sturmhimmel
General comment;

Please make an easier difficulty for me us crap players who can't play osu! normal at all very well.

Thank you!
Derekku

Yoichi Sturmhimmel wrote:

General comment;

Please make an easier difficulty for me us crap players who can't play osu! normal at all very well.

Thank you!
You're looking at a map that was made in 2007 when mapsets didn't have the best difficulty spreads. Not to mention that it's currently unranked.
Yoichi Sturmhimmel
Sorry...
Starrodkirby86
You can alternatively play the supercool Hyadain version of the song if you want to satisfy your Final Fantasy needs.

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/19966&m=0
Gens
...why is this in the ranked forums?

Moving to the Help forum hoping nothing bad will happen... but it seems the star cannot be removed.
Derekku

Gens wrote:

but it seems the star cannot be removed.
"WARNING: This map needs over 8 Star Priority" whoops? :v
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.