forum

Hitsounds play different in new update [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Anzo
Since I played this map http://osu.ppy.sh/b/156919 (one's future) at lot of times, I can tell the difference of the hitsounds played between the previous version and the latest one. I don't know if this is intentional or not.

There's a high chance of this getting a duplicate report, so mark it if needed.
XPJ38
What's the difference?
TheVileOne
I would check, but I didn't see a no video tag and am not download a 19 mb beatmap set. What exactly is wrong with the hitsounds?
Topic Starter
Anzo
I don't know if I should blame the skin I'm using (not default)

Wait, going to test for it with different skin... (+hitsound)
lolcubes
Can you be more specific? How are they weird different?
Topic Starter
Anzo
aw, can't upload audio due to slow connection

Used default skin, in this map ( http://osu.ppy.sh/b/84218 , hope you can notice it because of its awesome hitsounds), happens only in gameplay.
^you should feel or hear that there's a hitsound didn't play/ weird hitsounds ... try to compare it with this video.

EDIT: I think it doesn't play differently, it's just that there's a problem in playing hitsounds, I don't know what's the cause though.
h3k1ru

lolcubes wrote:

Can you be more specific? How are they weird different?
this happens to me too, but i cant replicate it in 100% way, its happen too random, spent around 15 mins to find why its happen, its like 1 time out of 10 tryes

the difference is - while using a custom skin (without custom hitsounds inside of skin ofc) the normal notes and hitsounds goin replaced with soft ones, where previous was normal finish, there now soft finish etc, its works fine with default skin, and broken only with custom skins

i ll write here if i find the way to 100% replicate it
Xivaxi
Happened to me on three maps so far,
osu.ppy.sh/s/53791
osu.ppy.sh/s/59286
osu.ppy.sh/s/50835

All the custom hitsounds seem to be replaced by their default counterparts. I've only ever had this happen to me on the first playthough of a map, retrying the map fixes it. Exiting osu and replaying the map doesn't cause the problem again.

Maps that share hitsounds don't cause the issue with the repeated hitsound in question, but the other sounds are still messed up.
Oboetete and Checkmate share the same base drum hitsound. I played oboetete first and everything used default sounds, but when I played checkmate the bass played fine and the other hitsounds were replaced by defaults.

I'm just going to guess the first time osu sees a new hitsound, it doesn't play it and throws in the default for it instead...
Sure
Yeah, some of custom hitsounds were changed to default hitsound after this update.
NatsumeRin
Let me confirm this, it happens to all maps, but i'm not sure how the hitsounds get changed. (sometimes S2 to S1, sometimes whistle to clap etc.)

1. It only happens in play mode.
2. The way to fix is easy, open the map in editor once and it automatically got fixed.
peppy
Fixed for next build.