forum

how to fix a key not being registered?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
justbubblec
I have been playing osu! with the same keyboard for almost a year and a half and suddenly whenever I press my tapping key (n) it doesn't register. Is this a result of a chattering keyboard? I need help.
achiles0728
What type of keyboard are you using? (Membrane/Mechanical)
Have you cleaned your keyboard during the past year?
I'd be happy to help since this is about keyboards.
Oh you should be posting to the help forums, not here, but you could just do that the next time you need help.
Topic Starter
justbubblec
Hey thanks for your help. I am using the Coolermaster ck530 I usually clean it once a month. I don't find much dirt, hair or grim in them all I know is that the key has definitely changed in sound and feel for the past year.
achiles0728
Hey there, hearing as how you have mechanical switches, I think the issue lies in the switch itself. You could:
1. Tap Hard on the key (like smashing it repeatedly for about 10 times)
2. Remove all the keycaps, take out the screws, and desolder the switch (if you know how or have anyone with experience on keyboard switch desoldering) after that you may A. take apart the switch and clean the parts inside. Or B. Buy new switches and solder them to the board. Desoldering is needed because your keyboard isn't hotswappable (thats not necessarily a bad thing)
I had the same issue before and did 1. a lot then just did 2. Because it returned sometimes