forum

[Unofficial Contest] Christmas Special ( Dec 23/24/25th )

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Asmallya
I've organized a little contest on December 25th, here are all things you need to know about it, please read carefully :

:arrow: All osu players can join! Even if you play on Easy and 1 star, that's what i wanted, because it's Christmas!!

- The contest will have 5 different difficulties from easy (1star) to insane (5stars).
- 5 gifts, one for each difficulty, may be offered to the winners of each category ( DOTA2 steam keys, Some indie Games, Magicka, Lead And Gold; I haven't decided yet, depends on what I can offer ) .
- Qualifications will be this Sunday ( December 23th ), and this Monday ( December 24th ), where all players that wish to play must participate, so their level match with the category they will play with! ( a calendar will be posted there later today ). If you miss the qualifications Sunday, you can come on Monday!

:arrow: Special "rank" system :

I want to keep this contest fair, so 10 maps will be played by category, and if there is a problem, or something occurs on a map, it could be bad for the rank of someone... So, the score willn't count directly, your score will be the percentage of the "maximum" score you can get :
The score you made on the song divided by the score the "Auto" mod makes on it, multiplied by 100.
So, if a map must be changed on one of the rooms, it's not a problem!

:arrow: Cool bro! But how can I join?!

It's pretty easy, to join you need to send me an e-mail at: asmallya.71@gmail.com
Your e-mail MUST contain this form ( copy and paste it! ):

- In-game name :
- E-mail :
- What difficulty of map can you make at most ( Easy/Normal/Hard/Insane + number of stars ) :
- Do you prefer to participate to the qualifications on Sunday OR Monday (or both are Ok?) :

Then, just check your e-mails every single minute!!! ( joking, but look at it sometimes, so you don't miss your meeting... )
And come here to see if there are some news about the contest!

Most Asked Questions :
SPOILER
:?: Can I join without sending you an e-mail?
:arrow: No, please send me an e-mail, easier for me to make it right, as i can make groups of players directly in my mailbox, takes notes, answer to certain groups.... Thanks!

:?: When will I need to be there?
:arrow: Just send me the e-mail as said above, and wait for your answer, if there is a problem with the date and hour I give you, we can maybe change it ;)

:?: Will they be some Christmas songs?
:arrow: Of course! But not more than 2 on each category!

:?: Will you play in the contest too???
:arrow: Yes, just for fun, as I will be in each room, in each category, I will play, so I don't get bored^^ I will count my rank in my category only, and willn't get prizes, THAT would be strange...

Questions/Answers will be added here, so don't spam me for things already said above ;)

Hope to see you there!

If you can't be there the 25th, please say it ASAP by e-Mail!

(If I said something wrong, don't blame me, I'm French...)
awp
you should ask for users to Forum PM you their details instead of email you. That way they don't need to be giving their email out and such

also it's easier
Topic Starter
Asmallya
Yes, I could do it like that, but I need to send EACH player the password and name of the rooms where they will need to be ( also the hour ) so, it's really easier and quicker by e-mail than by pm...

Also, I'm not going to spam their mail-box, they will just receive 2 e-mails for the room's details and 1 more for the 5 or 6 winners ^^
Lunavista
Edited, never mind. ^^ I won't be able to. But best of luck to everyone who participates!
Cryztal_old

Asmallya wrote:

I've organized a little contest on December 25th, here are all things you need to know about it, please read carefully :

:arrow: All osu players can join! Even if you play on Easy and 1 star, that's what i wanted, because it's Christmas!!

- The contest will have 5 different difficulties from easy (1star) to insane (5stars).
- 5 gifts, one for each difficulty, may be offered to the winners of each category ( DOTA2 steam keys, Some indie Games, Magicka, Lead And Gold; I haven't decided yet, depends on what I can offer ) .
- Qualifications will be this Sunday ( December 23th ), and this Monday ( December 24th ), where all players that wish to play must participate, so their level match with the category they will play with! ( a calendar will be posted there later today ). If you miss the qualifications Sunday, you can come on Monday!

:arrow: Special "rank" system :

I want to keep this contest fair, so 10 maps will be played by category, and if there is a problem, or something occurs on a map, it could be bad for the rank of someone... So, the score willn't count directly, your score will be the percentage of the "maximum" score you can get :
The score you made on the song divided by the score the "Auto" mod makes on it, multiplied by 100.
So, if a map must be changed on one of the rooms, it's not a problem!

:arrow: Cool bro! But how can I join?!

It's pretty easy, to join you need to send me an e-mail at: asmallya.71@gmail.com
Your e-mail MUST contain this form ( copy and paste it! ):

- In-game name :
- E-mail :
- What difficulty of map can you make at most ( Easy/Normal/Hard/Insane + number of stars ) :
- Do you prefer to participate to the qualifications on Sunday OR Monday (or both are Ok?) :

Then, just check your e-mails every single minute!!! ( joking, but look at it sometimes, so you don't miss your meeting... )
And come here to see if there are some news about the contest!

Hope to see you there!

If you can't be there the 25th, please say it ASAP by e-Mail!

(If I said something wrong, don't blame me, I'm French...)
Am I allowed to play for fun? I don't think I'm going to win anyway. xD I don't use Steam. 8-)

If I am allowed to, I will be sending an email very soon.

EDIT:

I would prefer a map with no spinners btw. My mouse hates 'em. :P
Topic Starter
Asmallya

Cryztal wrote:

Am I allowed to play for fun? I don't think I'm going to win anyway. xD I don't use Steam. 8-)

EDIT:

I would prefer a map with no spinners btw. My mouse hates 'em. :P
Of course! You can play for fun ;)
But, what's wrong about being ranked? If you win, nice, but if you lose, nothing bad about it ?!
If you don't have steam, and you win, that's not a problem, I don't say: "I WILL give <game name here> to <rank there>" I don't even say what I will give, I can give another thing, not only steam keys^^'

A map without spinners? Hm... idk, I've searched 100 maps, 20 for each category...
But, I will think about it ...
Aoriki
Hmm....seems like a fun idea and maybe I'll give it a try. (Just maybe)
zozozofun
Come at me with it then hue
Weblade
Je participe en difficulter hard :3 et lundi je peux ! :)
Blaziken
I guess I will have to drop out of the tournament because I can't make it on Christmas day. (not a lot of people can you know)
Topic Starter
Asmallya
I think I will change the date thought, I have a little problem too, so don't mind...
Sorry for the last second change, will see when I can make it -_-'
I can in fact, but number of players don't match with what I've prepared :S
Aquamarine
Sent ya a PM. Couldn't send you an email because... well.. laziness. Hope you don't mind.
Cryztal_old
As you may have noticed, I have decided not to enter the contest. :?

I may join upcoming contests though if you decide to host more. Maybe a New Year's Contest? I don't know. :3
C L Z
can still join? ~ for more fun :D
Derekku
Please just advertise in #lobby and make regular multiplayer matches for things like this! : )