forum

Setting different online offset for different parts on map [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +20
Topic Starter
Kodora
Set online offset in maps with wrong offset is awesome option, but sometimes it makes a big problems. Some maps like awp's Strapping Young Lad - Far beyond metal or chan's paraparaMAX made with multiple timing, so online offset can fix only one part on map, but ruin all timing on other parts of maps.
I propose make option to set multiple online offset on maps, what helps to correct offset on it more correctly and do not ruin timing on songs with multiple timing.
TheVileOne
How does local offset ruin songs with multiple timings?

It should move all the timings in a song back the same amount. Changing it locally shouldn't create a difference, although I can't say I've tried to set it. If that's a true issue, then this sounds like it's trying to work around a bug in the game.
Saten
I think he means that some parts are correctly timed and some are not, or vice versa

paraparaMAX is mistimed in both bpm and offset though. But I guess multi online offset would help out a bit there.
Topic Starter
Kodora

Saten wrote:

I think he means that some parts are correctly timed and some are not, or vice versa
Yes.
Aurele
I understand now

To be honest, that's a nice idea to prevent more offbeat timings. Giving paraparamax as an example is awesome. There's more examples like Marathons, Compilations which could contain a lot of Timing Sections.

It would be good to be added for BAT/Admins.
Sure
Yeah, support. It would be a good solution without unrank the maps.
Ephemeral
online offsets are not applied to maps with multiple BPM/offset sections for precisely this reason

this is a super fringe case request and not something we really need a feature for.
peppy
Unranking is much cleaner and easier. There's no reason not to.